Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

im not familiar with the source material, can you please summarise

a bunch of muslims got dumped in a lovely desert and survive by drinking their own piss and poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilTwig
Jan 31, 2001

Banished to the sugared wilderness, Pall (now head of House Agamemnides) and Lady Jazzica meet with and are eventually accepted by the planet's native population, the Freedmenmen, a process made easier by previous prophecy-seeding by the Missionaria Phonibalonica, via the Great Prophet Phyllis. The natives are receptive to the fulfillment of the prophecies even after the revelation that Phyllis's decanonization resulted in her prophecies being discredited. Pall, given the Freedmenmen name Assol and taking the secret name Mauve'Bib (after the purple napkin that all Freedmenmen wear about their necks), begins to ascend the power structure of the tribe and takes the Freedmenmen girl Loni as his lover. He realizes that he could use the Freedmenmen to return to a position of power, taking control of not only Doon but the Imperium itself. He also realizes what the planet's Imperial Planetologist and liberal economist, Keynes, had puzzled out some time before: the rampaging Giant Pretzels (known as Schmai-gunug) actually produces the beer as a byproduct of its very life-cycle. The Lady Jazzica ascends to the status of Revved-Up Mother of Hootch Grabr, becoming known as Jazzica-of-the-Weirdness. During her ascension, while getting drunk on the beer, she realizes that she carries Lotto's daughter. Her intoxication opens her foetal daughter to the thousands of years of Boni Maroni culinary history; the result is Nailya-the-Truly-Weird, a toddler who spouts recipes as though she were an adult.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
sometimes they drink each other's piss and poo poo too

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014
"Hey! Muad'dweeb!"

Bilbo Bellend
May 18, 2004
what's a gom jabbar?
Asking for a friend.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i think fantasy and sci fi books should contain a max of 10 made up words. any more is just rude

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

EvilTwig posted:

Banished to the sugared wilderness, Pall (now head of House Agamemnides) and Lady Jazzica meet with and are eventually accepted by the planet's native population, the Freedmenmen, a process made easier by previous prophecy-seeding by the Missionaria Phonibalonica, via the Great Prophet Phyllis. The natives are receptive to the fulfillment of the prophecies even after the revelation that Phyllis's decanonization resulted in her prophecies being discredited. Pall, given the Freedmenmen name Assol and taking the secret name Mauve'Bib (after the purple napkin that all Freedmenmen wear about their necks), begins to ascend the power structure of the tribe and takes the Freedmenmen girl Loni as his lover. He realizes that he could use the Freedmenmen to return to a position of power, taking control of not only Doon but the Imperium itself. He also realizes what the planet's Imperial Planetologist and liberal economist, Keynes, had puzzled out some time before: the rampaging Giant Pretzels (known as Schmai-gunug) actually produces the beer as a byproduct of its very life-cycle. The Lady Jazzica ascends to the status of Revved-Up Mother of Hootch Grabr, becoming known as Jazzica-of-the-Weirdness. During her ascension, while getting drunk on the beer, she realizes that she carries Lotto's daughter. Her intoxication opens her foetal daughter to the thousands of years of Boni Maroni culinary history; the result is Nailya-the-Truly-Weird, a toddler who spouts recipes as though she were an adult.

im all up to speed now, thanks

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

magical arabs drink their own piss and ride monster cocks

the first book is really good the rest suck rear end

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hogge Wild posted:

the first book is really good the rest suck rear end

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
I'll take Atreides Atouadoze Annewonnadis here sand worm baby...

Hey Muadib, betcha when your ma asked yeas ta stick yer hand inner box ya didn't even flinch!

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Hey Paulie-boy, have your lips gone cold or have you just been suckin' on yer mamma's tit?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

It's Atlas Shrugged in space.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

It's Atlas Shrugged in space.

you talking about dune? Where a disgraced upperclassman rounds up the peasants and overthrows the semi feudal establishment to create a totalitarian state where the government owns and controls everything with an iron fist?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

dsf posted:

hi my name is jamis *gets stabbed*

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Frankenstyle posted:

Oh! Follow him around with my dick out shouting "Usal has summoned a big one!"

probably this

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

i'll probably just speak in paragraphs at him and say "ah-h-h-h" a lot

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

TheLightPurges posted:

you talking about dune? Where a disgraced upperclassman rounds up the peasants and overthrows the semi feudal establishment to create a totalitarian state where the government owns and controls everything with an iron fist?

The plot details are a little different, but they're both Scifi stories about weirdo superhumans going around using ridiculous technology to execute absurd master plans. To be fair, Dune has better action scenes. Maybe Atlas Shrugged would have been better if they'd used Rearden Metal to make steampunk robots or something.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
Fremen were the original dragonborn, just sayin.

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.
I, PAUL:MUAD'DIB, born a sovereign citizen of the planet Calidan to the family Atreides, do not recognise the authority of the Padishah Emperor or the jurisdiction of the Landsraad Council and hereby declare myself a Fremen on the Sand.

Serak fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Oct 22, 2016

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

Serak posted:

I, PAUL:MUAD'DIB, born a sovereign citizen of the planet Caliban to the family Atreides, do not recognise the authority of the Padishah Emperor or the jurisdiction of the Landsraad Council and hereby declare myself a Fremen on the Sand.

Sir, I believe you'll find that the Imperial flag is fringed denoting that this is in fact a Spacing Guild court and as such...

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Wikipedia tells me that Muad'dib is the fremen word for kangaroo mouse. Kangaroo mice are scared little weaklings that need me to rescue them from parking garages using Chinese food containers for transportation. But at least it is a less lazy fictional word than fre(e)men.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
>cast enlarge satan

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Queersack Hasarack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSports Chaebol