Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Gazpacho posted:

lmao if gore really wanted to be gracious and really didn't want the courts intervening, maybe he should have conceded election night and not petitioned them in the first place

He did. Gore conceded on Election Day. He rescinded that concession when the state of Florida told him it wasn't over. The petition arose from the State of Florida, as state law demanded the recount based on how close the election was (~500 votes) and it followed from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

America, guys, can you have a not insane election again soon? Please? We're worried about you.

Love,

Everybody

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Tiny Deer posted:

America, guys, can you have a not insane election again soon? Please? We're worried about you.

Love,

Everybody

No, sorry. 1/2 the country believes in fairy man who doesn't like people having unprotected sex and bases their votes on that.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

List of funny names I've come up with for Trump:

Donald Dump
Frump
Donny The Stump because he's thick as an old oak tree

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Nader voters get an unfair amount of scorn when plenty of democrats crossed party lines that day, and Gore didn't put up a fight to claim the win, and the democrats ran a candidate who barely beat a draft dodging c-student

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
But it doesn't matter except to recognize our mistakes and how to avoid them in the future.

Namely: contest the results at every turn

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
2004 was pretty bad, too. When Kerry let Bush steal Ohio (and the election again) with tons of fraudulent e-voting results.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

No, sorry. 1/2 the country believes in fairy man who doesn't like people having unprotected sex and bases their votes on that.

so many deplorables

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
this thread really killed my boner i'm kind of sad to have clicked on it

i don't like trump for what it is worth, i think he is bad, bad man.

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]

Tolkien minority posted:

that's an ancedote, plenty of people in canada and the uk and france and sweden and japan and all over the world do that too. in reality we really aren't any better than any other first world nation (worse than many) from what little research has been done. here's an article on the subject http://www.salon.com/2015/03/07/the_myth_destroying_america_why_social_mobility_is_beyond_ordinary_peoples_control/

also heres a wiki article on the subject
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socio-economic_mobility_in_the_United_States

read these both, and i gotta say i slipped through some cracks that werent there for everyone, so yeah class gaps exist

also i just went from dirt poor to upper middle class, so i didnt really move that much now that i think about it. for me to "break" the ceiling into the next class up now i would need to make about 10x as much as i do right now and also have none of my current liabilities

tl;dr i was wrong you were right

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Waltzing Along posted:

Believing in god ios cool you loving tard. Don't sign your post in the middle of your post.

DAMN NIGGA
Aug 15, 2008

by Lowtax
tbqh i hope trump gets cancer and i hope all his children get cancer and get raped

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

the great deceiver posted:

i think it would be fun to see a trump supporter insurrection put down in the streets

the only thing preventing me from welcoming their wholesale brutalization in this way is what malheur showed us, that groups of armed white trash dont hesitate about bringing their kids along as force deterrents

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Gazpacho posted:

accelerationism, the whitest ideology

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Toadvine posted:

Nader voters get an unfair amount of scorn when plenty of democrats crossed party lines that day, and Gore didn't put up a fight to claim the win, and the democrats ran a candidate who barely beat a draft dodging c-student
exactly ('cept as far as the election process is concerned gore didnt beat anyone, because he was a smuglord & phony)

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Oct 23, 2016

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Cartouche posted:

I took what he said as seriously as I did when Hillary was outright "horrified" about various things. She should really seek therapy if she is so fragile.

Several ex and current republican officials have expressed similar horror, and they have been doing a lot of damage control. It is a pretty serious etiquette breach for a politician to suggest they won't respect the election, they treat it with concern because they know to consider the future ramifications of establishing such precedents. Trump's rhetoric around many issues is genuinely unprecedented for a candidate, consisting of things a certain base of voters believe but which both party establishments prefer to leave in the gutter for fear of elevating it further and pushing the country into chaos.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Moon Atari posted:

Several ex and current republican officials have expressed similar horror, and they have been doing a lot of damage control. It is a pretty serious etiquette breach for a politician to suggest they won't respect the election, they treat it with concern because they know to consider the future ramifications of establishing such precedents. Trump's rhetoric around many issues is genuinely unprecedented for a candidate, consisting of things a certain base of voters believe but which both party establishments prefer to leave in the gutter for fear of elevating it further and pushing the country into chaos.

Why is the country being pushed into chaos a bad thing

Who is afraid of the chaos

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Some men just want a tangerine.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Moon Atari posted:

"Horror" is quite overused as to remove any meaning from the word. Much like "climate change".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

gently caress the republican party. Well I guess Trump is doing just that lol

• Locked thread