Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ideas? Multiple choice.
Rename it to something that includes several nature hobbies
More serious tone, more science more grammar
Less serious, less grammar broader range of people
Rename it to T.S. Eliot poem words and hide it further down the list so it's trendy
View Results

• Locked thread
Pube Factory
Jun 10, 2001
Pretty much the only thing I'm good at is growing these beautiful, thick pubes
I always forget where this place is because it's under diy/hobbies, a forum that means absolutely nothing to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Pube Factory posted:

I always forget where this place is because it's under diy/hobbies, a forum that means absolutely nothing to me.

Yeah, the location of this forum is bizarre. I bet that's like 75%+ of the reason people don't post here. I found it because someone linked to it from another area of the forums.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Is there a fishing thread anywhere? I like fishing but I'm a wuss and get super grossed out with gutting them so I let my nephew do it. Yeah, I could throw them back but that's no fun. Or do most of you guys just throw them back? I guess that is a possibility. I'd like to learn how to do everything and tips, etc. Anyone know if there is thread?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

It's called Post a Fish!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
There it is.... just a few threads down from the top. :cripes:

Thanks.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Is there a fishing thread anywhere? I like fishing but I'm a wuss and get super grossed out with gutting them so I let my nephew do it. Yeah, I could throw them back but that's no fun. Or do most of you guys just throw them back? I guess that is a possibility. I'd like to learn how to do everything and tips, etc. Anyone know if there is thread?

There's a bigger fishing thread in ask/tell somewhere as well, but your best bet for learning to clean fish is to YouTube a cleaning/fillet guide for that particular species, even watch a few and pick what method you think is easiest. I learned methods for a few fish just from YouTube videos, and sure the first few times it'll feel gross and you might puncture their guts and see poo poo spill out, but that image will stay in your mind to make sure you don't do it again

I'm only a couple years into fishing and cleaning fish (that I've already cleaned before) is pretty easy and quick.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'd really like to not be a big baby about it so I'm guessing videos would help a ton. Plus I love fish. Catching my own food just sounds great. I have all of the equipment, just not the will........... yet.

You know I used to be an EMT? Aaannnnnddd I discovered I have a horrible gag reflex. I wasn't an EMT for very long. Well, mainly the pay. But I don't like gross stuff anymore.

I'll check out both threads. Thanks.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

It's currently too hot to go outside right now in most places. This sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Picnic Princess posted:

It's currently too hot to go outside right now in most places. This sucks.

Lies, heat is just a state of mind.

Or, you could switch up the outdoors activities for water based ones like kayaking camping... That's what my backpacking group mainly does during the summer

• Locked thread