Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

Let's Play Hello Kitty: Roller Rescue

Hello Kitty: Roller Rescue is -surprisingly- an action/adventure game wherein Kitty defends the world from an evil army of building blocks. It's a light-hearted parody of magical girl media, with reasonably good game design for its target demographic, and really cute music. Why am I playing it? Well, it's super fun. The game has an undeniable charm, it's actually possible to use a reasonable -if small- degree of skill, and I wish there were more titles for children like this. The only glaring downside is the length, because you can finish the whole thing in about 2 hours your first time around. But it's a blast while it lasts, and that's all you really need, right?

No Gameplay or Story spoilers. Some things are best kept a surprise. Yes, even if you've played this and notice what I'm hiding.

Videos

The End!

GamesAreSupernice fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Nov 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

And these Blocks related to the Cubes?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

I remember seeing a trailer for this on a demo disc, and it was really out there and did look surprisingly fun. Why did a Hello Kitty game have to turn out alright whereas the Mission Impossible PS2 game was shite?

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

SelenicMartian posted:

And these Blocks related to the Cubes?

I had considered the potentially humorous connection while I was uploading, but there's not nearly enough right angles in this game.

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

I remember seeing a trailer for this on a demo disc, and it was really out there and did look surprisingly fun. Why did a Hello Kitty game have to turn out alright whereas the Mission Impossible PS2 game was shite?

A Gamecube demo disc? How shite are we talking? Is it shite but ambitious or shite and shovelware?

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

GamesAreSupernice posted:

I had considered the potentially humorous connection while I was uploading, but there's not nearly enough right angles in this game.

I think that might be because this takes place after the Cubes have conquered the Cylinders, adding their people to the ranks of the Cube Army.

Edit: Sorry, I meant the Block Battalion.

Shoeless fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Oct 29, 2016

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Shoeless posted:

I think that might be because this takes place after the Cubes have conquered the Cylinders, adding their people to the ranks of the Cube Army.

Edit: Sorry, I meant the Block Battalion.

That explains the prosthetic limbs

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Using little children's happy land! Unacceptable!

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

GamesAreSupernice posted:

A Gamecube demo disc? How shite are we talking? Is it shite but ambitious or shite and shovelware?

It was on a PS2 demo disc, I think it was the Official Playstation Magazine one. It clearly spoiled how far this game goes (spoilers in a goddamn hello kitty game) and if memory serves that was the same disc that had the Call of Cthulhu game's trailer on it, it'd literally showed the game's ending. The Mission Impossible game was basically Spy Fiction but worse in every way and Ethan did not look or sound like Tom Cruise. They may have intended to be ambitious, but it just looked like it had copy and pasted Splinter Cell's gameplay into much worse levels.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

It was on a PS2 demo disc, I think it was the Official Playstation Magazine one. It clearly spoiled how far this game goes (spoilers in a goddamn hello kitty game) and if memory serves that was the same disc that had the Call of Cthulhu game's trailer on it, it'd literally showed the game's ending. The Mission Impossible game was basically Spy Fiction but worse in every way and Ethan did not look or sound like Tom Cruise. They may have intended to be ambitious, but it just looked like it had copy and pasted Splinter Cell's gameplay into much worse levels.

So I probably wouldn't enjoy it then, that's a shame. Guess I'll play the N64 game instead

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Shopping tips and tricks

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Runabouts and Purin are a good team

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

May contain giant robots

Man Dancer
Apr 22, 2008
Thanks for this. Needed it this morning.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Man Dancer posted:

Thanks for this. Needed it this morning.

In emergency situations, please inject the Hello Kitty directly into your chest. But seriously I hope you feel better soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

What is this sorcery?

• Locked thread