Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

utter garbage

then I see it got a million views and I realise that they made $5000 from said garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
i watched too many liberals or millennial college kids get owned videos. so now i get recommended vids by this black pigeon speaks channel where a dude talks about how it's actually not racist to assume blacks are committing crimes because statistically areas with denser minority populations have higher crime rates lol. i don't watch videos of college kids shrieking about poo poo anymore.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Jel Shaker posted:

utter garbage

then I see it got a million views and I realise that they made $5000 from said garbage

Probably more like $500

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

ikanreed posted:

Lol, there is.

Haha you think the "not interested" "show me less recommendations like this" button does anything

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Caesar Saladin posted:

youtube thinks i'm an mra or something because it loves to show me FEMINISTS getting OWNED

it does this to me (even after telling them gently caress off i dont wanna watch these stupid videos), but i have my own theory. i think it knows you aren't an MRA and it's showing you them in the hopes that you'll click them out of outrage.

i think the algorithm is programmed to continue feeding internet outrage culture, constantly spewing forth videos that are flagged and identified as likely to piss you off. and that's why i will never disable ublocko and ghostery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funny song about politics
Feb 11, 2002
I hate the hair trigger sensitivity of Youtube recommendations. It's gotten to the point where I'll use a private browser window to look at videos that I think might upset my recommendations list.

• Locked thread