Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

here's a good thread idea : what if the Simpsons happened in the Flintstones time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

Luvcow posted:

There are lots of funny threads but they are still hard to comb through because there are so many people whose only reason for posting is acting like an rear end in a top hat. Maybe I'm just remembering it wrong but 8 or 9 years ago when most threads had a "kill yourself OP" and similar posts all over the first few pages the assholes eventually left and the thread could get good whereas now it just seems like, even after the recent GBS reboot, some people are still just coming here to be angry and poo poo up potentially good threads.

you are not wrong and its one of the first issues we brought up in this very thread and the mods said they were aware of the issue and would try to fix it!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

what if the transformers were actually trans

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

i like the hella dogs frontpage threads, maybe gbs should be a dog centric subforum, not unlike the rowdy trout

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Ranma Fan Art posted:

here's a good thread idea : what if the Simpsons happened in the Flintstones time?

So it would be the Flintstones but with more crude jokes?

Eh, might be good.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

boulder plan. lisa needs rocks

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Hell Yeah posted:

boulder plan. lisa needs rocks

brilliant

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

moe is a weird creature serving beer and he is like it's a living and then hangs himself (for real this time)

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Gritty Simpsons reboot, Homer is an alcoholic child abuser, Bart goes missing and his body is found dumped in the quarry. Millhouse is overcome with grief and commits suicide while Lisa tries to solve the case before the corrupt Springfield PD loses control of the town amid ever growing racial tensions.

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

Luvcow posted:

Gritty Simpsons reboot, Homer is an alcoholic child abuser, Bart goes missing and his body is found dumped in the quarry. Millhouse is overcome with grief and commits suicide while Lisa tries to solve the case before the corrupt Springfield PD loses control of the town amid ever growing racial tensions.

so... family guy?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

otto kills an entire bus load of children because he took lsd before his shift and drove into a billboard on the way to the Shelbyville aquarium. only pieces of each child were found.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Remember the tree house of horror where willy was Freddy Kruger? That gave me nightmares as a kid

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Remember the tree house of horror where willy was Freddy Kruger? That gave me nightmares as a kid

That bagpipe spider is funny but also creepy

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Ride The Gravitron posted:

its spelled willie

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I will gladly unban it for only $10....unless it's a permaban.

how much does a unpermaban cost because ive got like twelve buck

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
THis has been said before but:

In the new forum software that will never happen, there should be a purchasable upgrade to allow poster to create better OPs, with font sizes, colors, formatting, etc. And also allow them to ban or probate people from their own threads, maybe edit posts within their threads as well.

This would bring in so much money, just in the Games forum alone.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Also rehost the old waffleimages jpgs somewhere and fix all the broken links, in the new forum software

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx
ive used the current forums software to consolidate all your posts in the thread

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Here's a post that think falls under the C category:

There's a chick here at Wingstop with an rear end that is of the chain!

Thank you,

That is all.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
That's traditionally referred to as an "onion butt"

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Luvcow posted:

That's traditionally referred to as an "onion butt"

Correct verbiage is key in our line of work, so thanks for the help Luvcow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx
i think that if people are gonna call gbs racist/phobic they should be required to provide citations as such

name & shame

• Locked thread