Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
For the record I'm for literally eating people irl to save them from the horrors of life by using their souls to power myself up to the point where I can overthrow God and institute a perfect new world in my image.

Not like Choco Chunk. He's a bit of a dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Ironically the 'easy' infinite start is a ton harder than the other two modes' starts precisely because you start with only one survivor. That first house is actually perfectly serviceable in my opinion, but that's only if you're in a situation where you can put two people on barricades, two people on searching, and the last on sentry duty so nobody gets surprised by a deadhead. You could have the entire place secured, searched, and sorted in about 4 hours if you had the hands available, but with only one guy you might as well do a cursory search for stuff and move on. Maybe you can come back in a day or two with some extra dudes, but starting out you just want a basic survival kit and then you hope to get lucky in your first couple of recruits.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
So the game just assigns bigotries to people? Is it possible to have someone who's self hating? Like a poor person who hates the poor?

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)

White Coke posted:

So the game just assigns bigotries to people? Is it possible to have someone who's self hating? Like a poor person who hates the poor?

Right, since I am, in fact, working on the update (read: Post New Year's slump, looking at the screenshots and going "Well, poo poo, where was I again?"), I can happily answer this one.

Nobody will be bigoted against themselves. There is nearly always going to be some friction. And, as we'll discover when we hit "Hard Mode", there is one not-at-all subtle difference between Easy and the other two modes.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

JamieTheD posted:

There is nearly always going to be some friction. And, as we'll discover when we hit "Hard Mode", there is one not-at-all subtle difference between Easy and the other two modes.

Do characters hate multiple categories of people?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

White Coke posted:

Do characters hate multiple categories of people?

Maybe they're guaranteed to hate at least one of the other characters that is in the pool for the session?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Guaranteed to develop cannibalism?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Pvt.Scott posted:

Maybe they're guaranteed to hate at least one of the other characters that is in the pool for the session?
yes.

i've also never seen a situation where you will have someone who isn't hated show up. you can occasionally have a situation where one person hates nobody because their -ism target died horribly and the replacement hits an -ism shared by 2 other people, but people hating each other is a core component of Zafehouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emissary666
Sep 6, 2010

Coolguye posted:

but people hating each other is a core component of Zafehouse Screwfly.

Fixed that for you

• Locked thread