Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
https://twitter.com/gruber/status/796340133016535040

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

http://krapps.com/2010/08/30/racy-pictures-of-john-gruber/ :nws:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
*has apple exec on show, talks about baseball*

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

He had to abandon his note taking app that took balls to release because no one bought it

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

Axel Rhodes Scholar
May 12, 2001

Courage Reactor

power botton posted:

He had to abandon his note taking app that took balls to release because no one bought it

also he had to shut it down because it wasn't generating revenue and the font it used had monthly recurring licensing costs

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
:allears:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Axel Rhodes Scholar posted:

also he had to shut it down because it wasn't generating revenue and the font it used had monthly recurring licensing costs

no one ever said releasing the only note taking app with taste would be cheap

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

he is a big baby but he earns a living from re-posting real journalism alongside a mildly snarky comment so I can understand him not wanting to escape it via real work

a serious death can't come soon enough but I have to fund a kid through college type job

what you gonna do?

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
anyone who describes themselves as a raconteur has a hosed up idiot brain

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

abraham linkedin posted:

anyone who describes themselves as a raconteur has a hosed up idiot brain

agreed

during the end game I'm happy to move concert jersey dividers between lanes as long as it means a fair paycheck come the end of every two weeks

TRANSIT CHAT

*b...b ..butt* at 30 mph I can't drive that slow without traffic diversions because I'm the smartest kid in Facist America :cry:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i feel a little guilty to say this, but i am glad that someone other than hillary clinton will be our first female president

there are better ways to break that barrier

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Sagebrush posted:

i feel a little guilty to say this, but i am glad that someone other than hillary clinton will be our first female president

it will feel so good when the time comes (please)

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

lol

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Sagebrush posted:

there are better ways to break that barrier

yeah, I was kinda worried she'd be our first and last female president.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

drat mayb: he should invent snarkdown next

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

yeah, I was kinda worried she'd be our first and last female president.

well we won't ever have to worry about electing a president again so I guess it all kinda comes out in the wash

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

john gruber by the pussy

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
political opinions by tech "journalists" are the worst

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
i know you're here to read about apple stuff, but let me tell you about Stanley Kubrick, baseball, James Bond, politics, and my dumb note app

speaking of dumb, his stupid app could have kept working for everyone at no cost if they had just used the iCloud backend instead of running their own servers. but instead they are shutting those down now that they're out of money and the app is useless.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The Management posted:

speaking of dumb, his stupid app could have kept working for everyone at no cost if they had just used the iButt backend instead of running their own servers. but instead they are shutting those down now that they're out of money and the app is useless.

cloudkit was announced like a year after vesper was first released

and it's not like "use apple's cloud infrastructure of critical components of your app" seemed like a particularly good idea at the time - apple's track record there is um not great

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.

The Management posted:

i know you're here to read about stuff, but let me tell you about politics
Every thread on SA last week.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

i like calling him john goober

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007