Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

a fat nobleman?! :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx

Earwicker posted:

also, just to be clear, even if it did happen in the books, it still didn't happen.

i've been thinking about this recently and i'm starting to think there's a good chance that dragons* are real

(*a technologically-advanced dinosaur civilisation obviously)

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx
sufficiently advanced space dinosaurs

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I hope a giant steps on some more people

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

extra stout posted:

i have a sansa mp3 player from 10 years ago with a screen that played music, radio, movies, picture viewer etc, and it worked loving amazing, justpowered it on now

i went on their website and they have 2 models, they both look goofy and the amazon reviews say neither knows how tracklists or playlists work

what happened? the phone replaced mp3 players so they still use the sansa name but made some new lazy cost efficient design?

I don't know what they did to just suck so badly, but the latest ones are unable to accept custom firmwares (rockbox) so you can't even make them good.
I bought all my sansa clips on ebay and even though they charge only to 90% because they are old, they still get about 8-10+ hours out of them each playing non-stop.

FIIO made a tiny mp3 player recently to compete, but it also has major firmware problems and is unable to be modified for custom firmware. I was so disappointed when I bought that thing. I have a FIIO X1 and it's ok, but with really poo poo battery life. It's at like 6 hours now per charge after a year of off-and-on use.

med school head posted:

ya theyre still quite capable little things i wish playing flac wasnt so brutal to the battery life though
LOL, I use 64kbpa WMA because I started my CD ripping in 2004 to maximize space on my 256 megabyte player and stuck with it. I am sure some audiophile weeps when I download FLAC and convert them to my tiny battery and space saving WMAs.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Berious posted:

That fat turd will never finish his story. I guess the TV show might be good but when a series gets that long it's just :effort: to start watching it. I have shitposts and vidya that needs doing

Half the actors are loving garbage and the other half are good but often over rated. Episodes don't stand up well the re-watching, either

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i hope that more people from tviv come here and try to serious post about game of thrones while i own them relentlessly for like 20 pages.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Hell Yeah posted:

i hope that more people from tviv come here and try to serious post about game of thrones while i own them relentlessly for like 20 pages.

i also hope they/you do that

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

littlefinger sounds like a character from a spinoff of The Land Before Time that takes place in the ice age

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

get that OUT of my face posted:

littlefinger sounds like a character from a spinoff of The Land Before Time that takes place in the ice age

Yeah, that's pretty much it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dave_Indeed posted:

If it didn't happen in the books, it didn't happen.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

lmao nobody watches this poo poo anymore, we're doin' westworld now.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

westworld is so boring that i fell asleep watching it and when i woke up they were doing an autopsy on me.

Bedevere
Jun 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Hell Yeah posted:

westworld is so boring that i fell asleep watching it and when i woke up they were doing an autopsy on me.

Did you get a stat boost?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

game of thrones went from cool sopranos in middle earth to like, conan the barbarian

big surprise fantasy is a crap genre

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
all that conan the barbarian poo poo is pretty much fabricated whole cloth for the TV show fwiw

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
ok guys i found the leaked script to the final ep (episode) of game of thrones. spoilers follow...

jon snow: ok, we're all here. hi mom

tyrion: i'm a short dude

ned stark: hi everyone. ok so here's the rules, we have these thrones in a circle and we all walk around them, and when the music stops you gotta sit down but there's not enough thrones for everyone!

jaime lannister: i'm just so sick and tired of all these games of thrones!

*all laugh*

~fin~

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i hope everyone dies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy