Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mandalay posted:

Does it change when you change components of your car?

Yeah and even then the drivers will have slight differences

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Practice is cool and good because even if you keep a log (or guide) you still need to tune plus or minus pixels to get the purple for that years car and it's a cool interplay between tuning time and track time to get the tire buff later. Or even just track time to check your own expectations. Unless you end up with obscenely long practices and you collect all the tire buffs.

The management part isn't super barren but this game lived and died for me by the race weekend which included enjoying the practice dynamics.

Red Mike
Jul 11, 2011
Honestly, it may be accurate but it does go so drat dull and repetitive after a season. If you only do a race a day that's fine, but as soon as you play more often I feel like it drags on forever.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I still have a lot of fun with the races so burnout has not happened yet.

I've been mostly dominating in my third year with my created team and basically building with the plan of moving up to Asia-Pacific after the year but a couple bad races (I had my ace crash two races in a row) suddenly my points lead is a lot smaller :ohdear:

Also losing super-overtake for the three races (plus however many coming up) after the crashes due to low finish + my mechanic taking a 25 morale hit due to getting fined for leaking information (I really couldn't afford to replace him if I fired him) is not great.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This got a massive patch recently, if anyone is interested. I haven't played in months but I expect a lot of the workshop content is pretty good by now

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I missed it but there is now an :siren: ENDURANCE RACING :siren: DLC :rms:

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
I’ve been playing this for a few weeks now but still feel like when I have a good race it’s a bit of a fluke. I’ve been reading guides but are there any good tips? Everything seems to be quite conditional.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Red_Fred posted:

I’ve been playing this for a few weeks now but still feel like when I have a good race it’s a bit of a fluke. I’ve been reading guides but are there any good tips? Everything seems to be quite conditional.

What are you having trouble with? I'm playing the WMC series and honestly I just divide the number of race laps by 3, use the softest tire that lasts that long, set engine to the orange level and pit when I run out of fuel or tires.

I'm hardly a person that should be giving advice though, I'm starting my 15th season and just discovered you can build/upgrade more than one building at a time. :cripes:

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Wifi Toilet posted:

What are you having trouble with? I'm playing the WMC series and honestly I just divide the number of race laps by 3, use the softest tire that lasts that long, set engine to the orange level and pit when I run out of fuel or tires.

I'm hardly a person that should be giving advice though, I'm starting my 15th season and just discovered you can build/upgrade more than one building at a time. :cripes:

Well one race I got 1st because something odd happened with the rest of the pack, think they ran out of fuel? Then I got last in the next race. So I'm struggling with fuel/tyre management, pit strategies and consistency mainly. I'm in a custom team starting from the bottom, in my second season.

I've been trying to run on orange for engine and the softest tyres but maybe that's not the best strategy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Red_Fred posted:

Well one race I got 1st because something odd happened with the rest of the pack, think they ran out of fuel? Then I got last in the next race. So I'm struggling with fuel/tyre management, pit strategies and consistency mainly. I'm in a custom team starting from the bottom, in my second season.

I've been trying to run on orange for engine and the softest tyres but maybe that's not the best strategy?

I started with the "create a team" option and have been working my way up from the European series and I'm pretty much last or second-to-last in my first 2 seasons every time I move up to a new series. Just keep building and upgrading 2-3 versions of each car part per season and try to upgrade your HQ ASAP so you have more slots to improve parts during the season and your cars will eventually start being awesome. (Also, build high risk parts and equip them after the last race so next year's cars start with better stats.)

And, use pay drivers so you aren't hemorrhaging money every race while you improve your cars & HQ.

Edit: oh, that divide by 3 thing doesn't really apply to the lower series since they give you more fuel so you can do a lot of 1 stop races. Just keep at it, I think you are supposed to be bad your first few seasons for Immersion.

Wifi Toilet fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Dec 18, 2017

• Locked thread