Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I compeltely forgot that Zexion's reaction to hearing that Riku iced Lexaeus and Sora killed Marluxia was "yeah, I got this." Like, come on dude, what are you even thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
What the hell is Mickey wearing?

PrinceAwful
Mar 28, 2015

Gologle posted:

I compeltely forgot that Zexion's reaction to hearing that Riku iced Lexaeus and Sora killed Marluxia was "yeah, I got this." Like, come on dude, what are you even thinking.

To be fair, he did until namine showed up. I Just wish the rest of the series had as good character development.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

FutureFriend: the foremost anti-nerd LPer on the internet.

I don't see anything wrong with making Mickey, Donald, and Goofy wear the same clothes in the Kingdom Hearts games that they always have in their cartoons and movies, but Square had to make Kingdom Hearts their own somehow.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Axel doesn't look like he took a pounding from Sora.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

bobjr posted:

Axel doesn't look like he took a pounding from Sora.

So far all injuries have been communicated via body language so I'm not seeing a huge difference here from the norm.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

FutureFriend posted:

in the semi-final update of re:chain of memories, we get to all the cool poo poo in this game

I can't believe that playthrough 2 starring Riku has the boss that actually takes advantage of the game's combat in an interesting way.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yeah, I bet you liked that boss. You, FutureFriend, leader of the 'I ain't no nerd' party.

Ephraim225
Oct 28, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

I can't believe that playthrough 2 starring Riku has the boss that actually takes advantage of the game's combat in an interesting way.

I was curious about that, so I checked, and...in the GBA version, you don't even fight Zexion, Riku just slices him once and that's it.

So it seems that the bosses that weren't there originally are the ones that are going to be the most creative. All two of them.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
The game audio track seems to be like half a second off in Episode 18, at least in the uncut version.

e: Actually the amount of drifts seems to not be constant? Hm.

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Apr 9, 2017

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

The game audio track seems to be like half a second off in Episode 18, at least in the uncut version.

e: Actually the amount of drifts seems to not be constant? Hm.

yeah for some reason my copy of the game sometimes loads gameplay sounds like half a second beforehand, its super weird but the dialogue seemed fine to me. videogames are dumb!

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, I bet you liked that boss. You, FutureFriend, leader of the 'I ain't no nerd' party.

get that OUT of my face posted:

FutureFriend: the foremost anti-nerd LPer on the internet.

hell, next lp ill make it a rule to make sure no loving nerds can post

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

FutureFriend posted:

hell, next lp ill make it a rule to make sure no loving nerds can post

but then you won't be able to post the thread in the first place

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

but then you won't be able to post the thread in the first place

what the gently caress!

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

FutureFriend posted:

what the gently caress!

You could always have Chorps post it for you. I can't think of a less nerdy person.

PrinceAwful
Mar 28, 2015

EasilyConfused posted:

You could always have Chorps post it for you. I can't think of a less nerdy person.

You mean the guy who did the naruto Let's Plays? :v:

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Killer Emcee's clearly the non-nerd of the group :colbert:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Gologle posted:

To be fair, he tried the indirect approach rather than brute forcing it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Ephraim225 posted:

I was curious about that, so I checked, and...in the GBA version, you don't even fight Zexion, Riku just slices him once and that's it.

So it seems that the bosses that weren't there originally are the ones that are going to be the most creative. All two of them.

They put a lot of effort into expanding the alternate campaign of this port of a five-year old (at the time) handheld game, I'm pleasantly surprised they did anything new with it at all.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

it is done

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

what's that song playing in that last part when you're talking about your patreon and next LP

edit: nvm, appears to be part of the chulip ost, I should watch chorp's lp to fill the FutureFriend FutureVoid

Digamma-F-Wau fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Apr 17, 2017

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

I dunno who that guy you were advertising at the end is, but he sounds very handsome and single and also EXTREMELY okay at LP.

Anyways this game was not very good but I'm glad to have at least some things explained about the Kingdom Hearts universe that have haunted me for years.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The hidden x-factor in that second Clone-Riku fight is that the deck you get for Twilight Town is completely awful, so you have to be really careful about which cards you play and when or else Clone-Riku will keep breaking your poo poo and generally dunking on you.

Anyway, good job again. I like to think that they stashed a bunch of ~lore stuff~ into Riku mode when they realized that Sora's campaign is just you re-living the last game, and then having your memory erased. This series is, in fact, real nonsensical in spots!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

"There are probably some people who aren't going to play this GBA spinoff, so we shouldn't really put too much new stuff that they can miss in it OH NO I TRIPPED AND DROPPED ALL THIS LORE"

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I noticed in the credits for KH1 that Kairi was voiced by Hayden Panettiere, presumably before she became a big name. I guess they couldn't get her to speak the five lines she had in Re:CoM, so according to the credits for this game, they went with someone whose career highlights afterward was voice work for Disney XD cartoons (Alyson Stoner). Quite a drop in quality.

Thanks for playing through this bad game with a convoluted plot, I'm eagerly anticipating KH2 and your other stuff.

By the way, who draws the art for your LP video thumbnails? They do a good job.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I noticed in the credits for KH1 that Kairi was voiced by Hayden Panettiere, presumably before she became a big name.

I checked and yeah, it was a good four years before Heroes.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FF is free. He has escaped anime.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I noticed in the credits for KH1 that Kairi was voiced by Hayden Panettiere, presumably before she became a big name. I guess they couldn't get her to speak the five lines she had in Re:CoM, so according to the credits for this game, they went with someone whose career highlights afterward was voice work for Disney XD cartoons (Alyson Stoner). Quite a drop in quality.

Thanks for playing through this bad game with a convoluted plot, I'm eagerly anticipating KH2 and your other stuff.

They've gone back and forth with a few voice actors in the series. I'm kinda surprised Sora and Riku's have been consistent throughout the entire series.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wow, I totally forgot that Joshua Graham was in this game.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

the artist for this lp stuff is awrysquare, they're a non-goon so i think they can only be found on tumblr and twitter.

the other artist i got on call for lp art is melt, who drew the lil riku, hopefully ill have her able to work on other art in the future but she pussed out here for the most part!

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

https://twitter.com/AwrySquare/status/846605617661927424

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

https://lparchive.org/Kingdom-Hearts-ReChain-of-Memories/

we done here

• Locked thread