Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will trump make it through an entire term?
no, he will not make it to inauguration day
no, he will leave before his first term is done
yes, he will last one term
yes, he will last both terms
yes, he will reign forever
View Results

• Locked thread
Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Lord of Pie posted:

Most candidates probably come out of the state fair circuit with a few extra pounds of parasites from all the fine carnie-prepared cuisine

It's not like his regular diet is all that much healthier, by his own admission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah that combined the the rapid aging effect presidency has it will be hilarious watching tump turn into a literal mummy

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Agean90 posted:

Yeah that combined the the rapid aging effect presidency has it will be hilarious watching tump turn into a literal mummy

I was thinking more a Hutt, but maybe?

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

Yinlock posted:

you're going to get 8 years of trump guys

buckle the gently caress up

Republican presidents always do better in their reelection, no matter how terrible they are, unless they've already had 3 terms in a row and the economy decided to poo poo the bed during the election. Conservatives are like pack animals, they line up behind their leader no matter what. Unless the economy collapses, or his party impeaches him because he's not a real Republican, Trump will be a tougher opponent in 2020.

Democratic presidents always do worse in their reelection, as the young voters who turned out the first time around learn for the very first time ever in their voting lives that the promises were hollow and hope is a lie. Then they lose some support each election, hence why the party has so much trouble winning a 3rd term. The last time the promises were actually real, they won the presidency for two decades. But that only happens once a century.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Mental-Rectangle posted:

Republican presidents always do better in their reelection, no matter how terrible they are, unless they've already had 3 terms in a row and the economy decided to poo poo the bed during the election. Conservatives are like pack animals, they line up behind their leader no matter what. Unless the economy collapses, or his party impeaches him because he's not a real Republican, Trump will be a tougher opponent in 2020.

Democratic presidents always do worse in their reelection, as the young voters who turned out the first time around learn for the very first time ever in their voting lives that the promises were hollow and hope is a lie. Then they lose some support each election, hence why the party has so much trouble winning a 3rd term. The last time the promises were actually real, they won the presidency for two decades. But that only happens once a century.

the economy is going to collapse and the trump administratoin will blame that on some kind of jew figure

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

nopantsjack posted:

the economy is going to collapse and the trump administratoin will blame that on some kind of jew figure

not completely wrong...

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
So...if Trump makes it another six days, the answer to the question in this thread's title will be "yes."

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Patter Song posted:

So...if Trump makes it another six days, the answer to the question in this thread's title will be "yes."

looks like it, yeah

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

nopantsjack posted:

I was thinking he would blame a Mormon

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

blamegame posted:

barron shoots trump on the toliet w/a crossbow and w/e else that spoiler was

Right after he strangled Ivanka

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Bodyholes posted:

These rules of thumb all come out like the football predictions on how the patriots beat the spread 8 times out of 10 after a full moon yom kippur.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

These rules of thumb all come out like the football predictions on how the patriots beat the spread 8 times out of 10 after a full moon yom kippur.

Not to mention if we're really going to down to brass tacks, it could be said that the Republicans are in serious trouble as the only times in the last twenty years that they won is due to a fluke in the voting system or by being a wartime president. With Dubya being installed by the Supreme Court and Trump (so far) winning by 80k votes in the right places, one could easily note that the American public really doesn't care for Republican presidents in the slightest.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
i think you will find that the portion of the america public which is still permitted to vote in four years will definitely support republican presidents

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Just three more days till he makes it.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Trump will use his presidential authority to eminent domain all the good property and stick the owners on reservations.

He's gonna Andrew Jackson his way onto the 20. Trail of Tweets motherfuckers

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Not to mention if we're really going to down to brass tacks, it could be said that the Republicans are in serious trouble as the only times in the last twenty years that they won is due to a fluke in the voting system or by being a wartime president. With Dubya being installed by the Supreme Court and Trump (so far) winning by 80k votes in the right places, one could easily note that the American public really doesn't care for Republican presidents in the slightest.

Twenty-four years. Of course, in the twenty-four years before that, the only time a Democrat won the presidency was the election after a Republican president caused so much scandal that he had to resign to avoid being impeached. So I'd advise against making any long-term predictions about the health of the parties just yet.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Main Paineframe posted:

Twenty-four years. Of course, in the twenty-four years before that, the only time a Democrat won the presidency was the election after a Republican president caused so much scandal that he had to resign to avoid being impeached. So I'd advise against making any long-term predictions about the health of the parties just yet.

We're not saying there aren't flukes here. The point is the sample size is so small and every time there are so many extremely unique things going on that rules of thumb are useless.

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

Bip Roberts posted:

We're not saying there aren't flukes here. The point is the sample size is so small and every time there are so many extremely unique things going on that rules of thumb are useless.

This is true. Prior to this election, no one had ever had a polling lead as big as Clinton's after the third debate and gone on to lose. Kennedy did come close though. His 5-point national lead over Nixon in polls ended up being only a 1 point lead on election day. So it could feasibly happen it just never had before now.

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Rand alPaul posted:

Forced out by CIA/Mossad-backed coup.

Or resigns to run The Trump Network, not sure which.

Fabulous if true.

Death however is...

Well, I'll leave it there. I take it this thread is about optimism after all.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
Can we get a side bet going here, will the Trump Tower make it through an entire term?
  • no, sold and renamed after Donald Trump bankruptcy
  • no, sold and renamed along with rest of Manhattan after United States bankruptcy
  • no, leveled by terrorists
  • no, leveled along with rest of Manhattan by Dong Feng-5 ICBM
  • no, rendered uninhabitable by heavy shelling during Second Civil War, later demolished to cheers
  • no, rendered uninhabitable along with rest of Manhattan by area denial bioweapon during Second Civil War
  • yes, it will last one term
  • yes, it will last both terms
  • yes, it will forever be the seat of the Holy Empire of the Pure Strain of Man

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
Congratulations, to Mr. Donald John Trump.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Duscat posted:

Can we get a side bet going here, will the Trump Tower make it through an entire term?
  • no, sold and renamed after Donald Trump bankruptcy
  • no, sold and renamed along with rest of Manhattan after United States bankruptcy
  • no, leveled by terrorists
  • no, leveled along with rest of Manhattan by Dong Feng-5 ICBM
  • no, rendered uninhabitable by heavy shelling during Second Civil War, later demolished to cheers
  • no, rendered uninhabitable along with rest of Manhattan by area denial bioweapon during Second Civil War
  • yes, it will last one term
  • yes, it will last both terms
  • yes, it will forever be the seat of the Holy Empire of the Pure Strain of Man

I'm hoping for the dongs so I can make some comment about Donald getting schlonged bigly

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Lord of Pie posted:

I'm hoping for the dongs so I can make some comment about Donald getting schlonged bigly

"Trump got schlonged" I repeat over and over again as I'm reduced to ashes by the mushroom cloud

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Trump going bankrupt is no longer plausible. Had he lost, certainly, but now he can funnel all kinds of govt cash into his pocket. Hell, the Secret Service alone will be paying him 7-8 figures per year for the privilege of keeping his orange rear end intact.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

OAquinas posted:

Trump going bankrupt is no longer plausible. Had he lost, certainly, but now he can funnel all kinds of govt cash into his pocket. Hell, the Secret Service alone will be paying him 7-8 figures per year for the privilege of keeping his orange rear end intact.

so america goes bankrupt

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
It's gonna be the Reagan 80s again. Everything will be fine for a minute, until the foreseeable consequences of deregulation firmly take root.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

deadgoon posted:

i think you will find that the portion of the america public which is still permitted to vote in four years will definitely support republican presidents

yep

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

ScrubLeague posted:

It's gonna be the Reagan 80s again. Everything will be fine for a minute, until the foreseeable consequences of deregulation firmly take root.

this but worse. my guess is the first year or so will be alright(if trump doesn't gently caress it up(beyond the lovely reagan poo poo) and start a trade war or a real war or something) but poo poo will start going bad when the wallstreet fucks up again or something worse happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

it'd be real hosed up if he gave the banks trillions of dollars

• Locked thread