Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senior Management

Now friends, I would like to thank you all for your hard work here in the breakfast mines. It has been many moons since our Great Leader FluffieDuckie struck syrup out in the old newbie avatar thread. And ever since that moment breakfast has put this forum on the map. I am sure you all remember toiling day and night to construct the Basalt Ziggurat and to be frank no one wants to go back to that. Now that we live in a breakfast based economy BYOB is thriving. We can afford anything we need when trading with the other forums and keep pillagers at bay. In honor of our Great Leader I, your overseer, am willing to offer a glorious six our vacation to anyone brings me a great breakfast that we can use as promo material. Happy mining! Non compliance is unwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult

I'm in the middle of eating some eggs right now

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

joke_explainer

Here was my most recent breakfast.

Smoked brisket hash with jalapeño pepper, potatoes, cumin-spiked carrots and some other stuff and sunny up eggs with tortillas.

Senior Management

joke_explainer posted:

Here was my most recent breakfast.

Smoked brisket hash with jalapeño pepper, potatoes, cumin-spiked carrots and some other stuff and sunny up eggs with tortillas.

Now I am incredibly impressed. This might be a candidate for our national flag!

:jerry:

Three-Phase

by zen death robot
Uh Vynar I know this is a bad time but we just lost the recirculation and slurry pump for the the raw syrup distillation column C. So uh we had to do an emergency shut down on unit C and we're running A and B now at full capacity so we're down about 33% we're looking at it right now...

I'm sorry I know this is a really bad time...

You know the bean counters are not going to be happy about this. Call maintenance. After they have fixed the issue have them thrown into the syrup vaults if they don't find a culprit. Don't tell them that though or they will just blame Steve again. You can flog yourself if you want. I may be a jerk but I don't shoot the messenger. -- The management

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Nov 16, 2016

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Three-Phase

by zen death robot

Three-Phase posted:

Uh Vynar I know this is a bad time but we just lost the recirculation and slurry pump for the the raw syrup distillation column C. So uh we had to do an emergency shut down on unit C and we're running A and B now at full capacity so we're down about 33% we're looking at it right now...

I'm sorry I know this is a really bad time...

You know the bean counters are not going to be happy about this. Call maintenance. After they have fixed the issue have them thrown into the syrup vaults if they don't find a culprit. Don't tell them that though or they will just blame Steve again. You can flog yourself if you want. I may be a jerk but I don't shoot the messenger. -- The management

I... I think a message just entered into my brain on its own... Yes! It's a breakfast database miracle! Praise Ray-Dium! Yes sir!

----------------

Senior Management

Three-Phase posted:

I... I think a message just entered into my brain on its own... Yes! Praise Vynar! Yes sir!

yes this was all planned and had nothing to do with a new shiny edit button being next to the quote one

Farecoal

There he go
i got tastebud cancer from all the syrup fumes but the company won't help pay for my treatment

Farecoal

There he go
i remember the day that they found the whipped cream vein. the day my daddy died

Three-Phase

by zen death robot
Ok we replaced the bearings, meggered the motor, and threw Steve into the vault. We should be bringing unit C online in about thirty minutes once we're done with all the prechecks and take off all the locks... It should be producing in about an hour at half capacity then we'll bring it up to full. That cost us about 4,000 barrels of refined syrup production but we didn't lose much feedstock. We'll do checks on the other bearings the next time we take A and B down.

Hey talk to Joe from drafting he can print huge versions of those breakfast pictures on the plotter.

Three-Phase fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Nov 16, 2016

----------------

Senior Management

Three-Phase posted:

Ok we replaced the bearings, meggered the motor, and threw Steve into the vault. We should be bringing unit C online in about thirty minutes once we're done with all the prechecks and take off all the locks... It should be producing in about an hour at half capacity then we'll bring it up to full. That cost us about 4,000 barrels of refined syrup production but we didn't lose much feedstock. We'll do checks on the other bearings the next time we take A and B down.

Hey talk to Joe from drafting he can print huge versions of those breakfast pictures on the plotter.

Good job, I am going to promote you to sub overseer

Senior Management

Farecoal posted:

i remember the day that they found the whipped cream vein. the day my daddy died

all for the greater good. Further complaints may result in 6 hours of unclogging the sausage gravy ducts.

poverty goat

no blood for syrup

keep it in the ground

Plebian Parasite

OSHA requirements states that every foreman must be able to properly identify why kids love the cinnamon toast flavor of cinnamon toast crunch.

Senior Management

Plebian Parasite posted:

OSHA requirements states that every foreman must be able to properly identify why kids love the cinnamon toast flavor of cinnamon toast crunch.

It is the taste you can see.

alnilam

Plebian Parasite posted:

the littlest prince

are there any jobs here? I'm pretty good with a spoon

Three-Phase

by zen death robot
UNIT C IS ON FIRE. I REPEAT THE SYRUP CRACKING UNIT IS ON FIRE. Shutdown and evacuate all units. Downwind area will be evacuated for a half-mile. First responders are going to be marshaled near the granola mill building and we're gonna roll out firefighting equipment past the orange juice ponds.

It's the '92 incident all over again...

----------------

Plebian Parasite

*Man in lab coat runs his finger across the mine wall and tastes it* No no, this is much too flaky. This isn't a pop tart vein at all! This is a toaster strudel vein! *He turns to the nearby miners wild-eyed* DID YOU FIND THE FROSTING PACKET? *The walls of the mine groan ominously*

Gatekeeper

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

call me a sellout but corporate breakfast is the future

Farecoal

There he go
i remember, my ma dressed me and my brothers up real nice for the funeral. we was all sad of course, my dad had been a hardworking, honest man, but with the whipped cream vein? boom times ahead. and we was so proud, my dad died giving such a big gift to our little town.

and then after the service they brought the first bucket of cream into the square. Mr. Chocula, the owner, went to taste the first batch.

and that was when my world fell apart, cause as soon as the cream entered his mouth his eyes went all wide and he spat it out right in front of everyone.

you see, it wasn't whipped cream. it was fool's cream.

Cool Whip.

Plebian Parasite

Head Supervisor: Alright, last assignment *chuckes* guarding the lucky charms vault we have *chortles* Seamus O'Sullivan! *full on laughter* Don't forget the green safety vest, Seamus.

myDad

ce n'est pas ma mère

Plebian Parasite posted:

Head Supervisor: Alright, last assignment *chuckes* guarding the lucky charms vault we have *chortles* Seamus O'Sullivan! *full on laughter* Don't forget the green safety vest, Seamus.

sig by vanisher™®

Senior Management

Get this drat mine working. I do not care how many people you have to throw into the syrup vaults. Delays are unacceptable. Do I need to remind you all what the duck will do those who cannot or will not comply?

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
see this here? *points to scar on tongue*
I got that in the food war when I stepped on a breakfast mine..

vanisher

Once upon a time (when you created this thread) I purchased a food I am not proud of, and I ate that food, which turned out to be not that great.

A spicy breakfast hotdog.

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

bean mom

vanisher posted:

Once upon a time (when you created this thread) I purchased a food I am not proud of, and I ate that food, which turned out to be not that great.

A spicy breakfast hotdog.

HOW COULD YOU

----------------

Twerkteam Pizza

*whispering to another miner during a meal break*
"No, you see the only reason that we still work for this rear end in a top hat is because of the social stigma that says that we have to. We have all the strudel, the sausage, the cereals, and the waffles. We keep this mine for ourselves and in two weeks they'll fold"
"Why would they fold?"
"Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, comrade"

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom
Speaking of Hot Dogs, Here was my breakfast

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless
my breakfast this morning:

black tea and rye sandwiches with cold smoked beef

----------------

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom
THE MODS ARE SLEEPING, POST BREAKFAST

sensitivepigeon

I'M SENSITIVE ABOUT IT, OK?

chocolate chip bagel with hazelnut cream cheese

the only acceptable kind of bagel

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
Breakfast: Coffee and Seeds

I'd be honored to have your signature on my rap sheet Vynar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

If you could emphasis the beef a bit more and get back to me I think we would have something here.

Done:

There are also gingerbread pigs with milk, and the tea was upgraded to builder's brew.

e: could you also give me some cool animal in the probe reason?

----------------

• Locked thread