Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IUG
Jul 14, 2007

This has been my favorite front page article ever since a slow work day had me binge read all of the articles.

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/bearcave-family-business/

Is this the last update? The ending sounded pretty final.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Maybe? It's always a lot of fun. I hope it's not but all things come to an end eventually.

Hot Dog Day #89
Mar 17, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Morbid Hound
It was a great run if this is the end. I'm sure Livestock can come up with another setting where everything turns to complete chaos and mayhem over the updates, so I look forwards to whatever new series that takes over. Those are the best type of Livestock articles in my opinion.

Lagg
Nov 10, 2005

The wilder the hat, the wilder the man.
If this is the end, then so be it. Great series I really enjoyed!

Now excuse me while I run some no-good rockabillies off of my front yard!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

If it is over, I hope it gets some kind of published. I'd pay for a (physical) book.

Onomarchus
Jun 4, 2005

If this is the end and not a transition, at least we got closure and then some. Barkwire just stopped one day, and we never found out who killed Hope.

Livestock
Jan 22, 2001

TOO SEXY FOR DEMOCRACY
Glad you guys enjoyed the series. It's been a lot of fun to write, and again, I totally ripped off the Tiger Mike memos (linked at the end of the first article). Those are definitely worth reading. I'm sure I could have squeezed more mileage out of Bare Cave, but I felt like wrapping up at least one thing before the end of the year and my glorious retirement from regular writing here on SA.

And yeah, I totally dropped the ball on BarkWire. I feel bad, since I did a lot of planning and more or less know how I want to end it, but lost all my momentum to second guessing myself. Maybe some time I will try to finish it? Behind the scenes talk!

Hot Dog Day #89
Mar 17, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Morbid Hound
Aw, guess good things can last forever.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Livestock posted:

I'm sure I could have squeezed more mileage out of Bare Cave, but I felt like wrapping up at least one thing before the end of the year and my glorious retirement from regular writing here on SA.

You're kinda-sorta retiring but not? Fuuuuuck. Do you write anywhere else? And how many regular writers will SA have left?

handle
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, I don't have much to add, but I'm gonna miss seeing your writing here for sure. I got hooked on Dear Mr. Mayor and Skymall Product Reviews, and uh pretty much everything you've written is golden. So thanks! I am of course rereading the DynaMars saga right now.

The Easy Rider
Sep 21, 2006

Corn Dogs- Deep Fried Proof Of A Loving God
Just wanted to say; I've always loved your articles, and Bear Cave's been a great one. I hope it's more of a semi-retirement than a full-on departure, but I'd also be interested in knowing where else I can find your writing.

Livestock
Jan 22, 2001

TOO SEXY FOR DEMOCRACY
Thanks guys. After 15 years, I need a break from trying to be funny. I don't really write humor anywhere else, unless you count tweets. I might still write the occasional article here, but have no plans to do anything like this elsewhere.

Livestock fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Dec 13, 2016

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I've always liked you man, good luck with whatever!

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

I'm gonna miss Livestock's work, he's always been one of my favorite SA writers

Onomarchus
Jun 4, 2005

Don't retire. You're the one most responsible for keeping this place Something Dogful, as it should be.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Livestock posted:

Thanks guys. After 15 years, I need a break from trying to be funny. I don't really write humor anywhere else, unless you count tweets. I might still write the occasional article here, but have no plans to do anything like this elsewhere.
You're easily my favorite writer and it sucks that you're retiring.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Onomarchus posted:

Don't retire. You're the one most responsible for keeping this place Something Dogful, as it should be.

Yeah! How can we get more dog updates from BigDog? :(

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

There are no bongos in rockabilly music!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
If you are an old goon, you might remember the efnet irc channel #bearcave from the late 1990's :cool:

• Locked thread