Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
When I get a notification that there's a chat message, clicking the notification just brings the discord window into focus. there is often no indication which channel the message was in

when there is message count badge on a channel, going to the channel doesn't highlight the message or anything, you have to hunt to figure out if the message was directed at you or whatever

it's still better than the alternatives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
discord's app fairly regularly claims to have like ten notifications for me, but then when i open the app there are zero and the counter goes down to 2

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
apparently i have some friends? i click on the number. nothing happens. i have no friends

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
chilling come hang out !discord !giveaway

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
i tried discord the other day, ui sounds were playing fine but couldn't hear anyone and nobody could hear me. still better than skype4b though

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i was just remember this mkoring about when as a teen i ran our roger wilco server on a friends retired sony vaio i put in my bedroom cupboard. i use a ip relay thing so that i ran the cclient on the computer and it updated to some website that had an ip that redirected to my own so that the server didnt die kuz the dsl changed my ip. remember that feel of look at the terminal and see all my friends having a good time on it while i did other thing etc. nice feels with that nostalgia. we played a lot of games on that server.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
talking about girls on rw/vent etc in the 00s. nice memory. bcome guildmasters of many guilds over many games from sick strats we built on our own little servers. chat about ppl flaming us on the boards etc on the server. remote into computer to check the terminal while at school from pc lab to see your internet friends having fun on it. send a little admin message to them about being in schoola nd the cute girl.. the crush. hehe remember?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
k-line some pub guidly from the server because they werent a culture fit, remember? we didnt say culture fit back then, we didnt know that phrase as kids. we called them noobs or sucky, or even bad words like fag. do you remember? i remember

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

getting on a library computer, telling the terminal program to atdt a phone number and having the guy behind you say "dude that's a pee eye board are you trying to get us all expelled"

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
+++ath0

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Smythe posted:

k-line some pub guidly from the server because they werent a culture fit, remember? we didnt say culture fit back then, we didnt know that phrase as kids. we called them noobs or sucky, or even bad words like fag. do you remember? i remember

ircops

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I've had a znc server logged into #yospos and other channels for 3 or 4 years but I've not had an irc client set up on the reg for the past two.

wonder if anyone has tried to pm me.

edit: I just realized I missed the opportunity to do my Tom Collins parody post gently caress

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I clicked on a discord notification today and it took me to the relevant channel. other times it does not. whjat the gently caress

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
whjat

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Annual Gift Panda posted:

whjat the gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzQt0aDtFY4&hd=1

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

someone send me a Yo! at 3am again please

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smythe posted:

Im still doing this.

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

someone send me a Yo! at 3am again please
im going to stay up until 1am... to yo you at 3am in your timezone :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009