Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Today is a day to give thanks to those things in our lives that are important to us (at least in the US), and what better way to do that than to Thank all of the great Anime and Manga that we love and let define our lives.

First, I'm thankful for Jojo. I'm also thankful for Mob Psycho 100, and ONE in general. I'm thankful for Dragon Ball, and all related Dragon Ball media. I'm thankful for Gintama. I'm thankful for Space Dandy. I'm thankful towards Togashi, and his restraint to not kill himself making Hunter x Hunter. I'm thankful for Guts, and the Berserk manga for still being good despite the 2016 anime. I'm thankful for every other anime I like that I didn't mention.

Thank you, anime, and thank you, Japan. Happy Thanksgiving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

symphogear

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

mabels big day posted:

First, I'm thankful for Jojo. I'm also thankful for Mob Psycho 100, and ONE in general. I'm thankful for Dragon Ball, and all related Dragon Ball media. I'm thankful for Gintama. I'm thankful for Space Dandy. I'm thankful towards Togashi, and his restraint to not kill himself making Hunter x Hunter. I'm thankful for Guts, and the Berserk manga for still being good despite the 2016 anime. I'm thankful for every other anime I like that I didn't mention.

Hell, I'm thankful for them too

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
X

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Neon Genesis Evangelion. I'm gonna say it without shame; just because it happens to be commonly overrated and misunderstood doesn't diminish the fact that it's a genuine piece of art.

Also sailor moon (for getting me into it all in the first place) and Akira (for showing me what it could really do). Berserk and hxh for being consistently good over the years, and full metal alchemist and basara for being solid complete series with amazing plot and character arcs. Deaf note for its stark ethical dilemmas, gurren Lagann for its unbridled love for all things giant robot, Ouran for making me funny feelings. And mha for being a new hotness.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I'm thankful for Hot-Blood! and Burning Spirits! wherever they may be found.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The ones you hate

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I'm thankful for all of the good/cool anime and manga.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

im thankful for the anime bath scene wiki

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Parallax posted:

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I'm thankful for the gay anime this season.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

symphogear

And also Big O and Gundam Wing and Megas XLR.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i am thankful for bad anime that idiots like, so that i have people to look down on for their horrid taste

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Xinder posted:

I'm thankful for the gay anime this season.

Also: Really I'm thankful for the whole diverse, neurotic, pulpy, often experimental and earnest medium.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Yuri on ice, which is the anime of the decade

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, which is the anime of every other decade

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm thankfully for this exquisitely drawn turkey in a chapter full of scribbles.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Relin posted:

i am thankful for bad anime that idiots like, so that i have people to look down on for their horrid taste
i am thankful that people have things they enjoy. even if i don't like the things they do, if it brings them joy and isn't harmful to anyone, who am I to judge.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the tatami galaxy, because a paper i wrote on the protagonist got me funded at grad school

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
im thankful for Urotsukidoji: Legend of the Overfiend

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I'm thankful for sakuga, the real and sole reason I watch anime nowadays.

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

Parallax posted:

Amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving and spent some quality time with their friends, family, and favorite Japanese media.

• Locked thread