Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I tried playing Undertale the other night and .. well, I don't want to dwell on it, but drat is that what everyone is going so crazy over? Yeesh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I tried playing Undertale the other night and .. well, I don't want to dwell on it, but drat is that what everyone is going so crazy over? Yeesh

I think it's cool

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I heard that it gets better after the first hour or something. It seemed kind of like a web-comic tier Stanley Parable from what I played.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
its good

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I heard that it gets better after the first hour or something. It seemed kind of like a web-comic tier Stanley Parable from what I played.

THe first hour is slow. I didn't play it for like a month after it. But I finished it and I'm glad I did.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think i know one of the big twists of it, so that's sort of put me off playing it

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I'll shall play some more.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

sector_corrector posted:

i think i know one of the big twists of it, so that's sort of put me off playing it

which one

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

sector_corrector posted:

the twists are less important than the execution, every part of the game that seems like it would be cheapened by a twist is actually still cool cause of the gameplay/music

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

fighting stuff instead of nonviolent resolution is usually bad, but you really only learn that partway through and it's like a gutpunch or something

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

sector_corrector posted:

fighting stuff instead of nonviolent resolution is usually bad, but you really only learn that partway through and it's like a gutpunch or something

ah nah. They tell you at the very beginning that you aren't really supposed to kill stuff

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I started killing everything just to spite Toby Fox but i got bored about 20 minutes in and haven't touched the game since

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Let's not be too cool for undertale. It's a charming little game

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Let's not be too cool for undertale. It's a charming little game

thats nice, ill nevr play it

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

goferchan posted:

I like Road Not Taken a LOT but I've never met anyone else who does lol. post your impressions please. definitely one of the most bleak games i've ever played

played some more of this today. it's brutally hard, which is cool, but it seems to just dump you back at the same year but with fewer items every time you die, which is sort of a lovely death spiral mechanic.

also, it keeps dumping stack traces and out-of-memory errors at me.

very mixed feelings.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Paging Tayne Tha Undertale God.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

thats nice, ill nevr play it

Same here.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I still haven't played Undertale but I listen to the soundtrack in Spotify sometimes ¯\_🌚_/¯

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

goferchan posted:

I still haven't played Undertale but I listen to the soundtrack in Spotify sometimes ¯\_🌚_/¯

Same. I'm pretty big in the tumbler scene too. I like the feels, but can't play the actual game without getting a panny.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Undertale has really awesome music.. Probably one of the best things about the game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

games like undertale and lisa are proof that even if everything about a game looks and feels lovely, good writing and music go a really long way and those are the biggest things devs ignore

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I love dogsong.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
spider dance is also ballin'

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Ludwig van Halen posted:

I started killing everything just to spite Toby Fox but i got bored about 20 minutes in and haven't touched the game since

You have to grind a lot to get Genocide. Probably didn't want anyone getting it accidentally but it's kind of boring until the boss fights.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Average Bear posted:

THe first hour is slow. I didn't play it for like a month after it. But I finished it and I'm glad I did.

agreed. though this is true of many rpgs. slow start, but the really build into something awesome. undertale is also fairly short and benefits a lot from a second playthrough. it's really good at responding to how you play the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition is free on GOG for 48 hours
https://www.gog.com/game/neverwinter_nights_diamond_edition

• Locked thread