Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Correnth
Aug 29, 2000

Cold hard science trumps ponies.

Fun Shoe
found this leaked screenshot from marvel versus capcom four

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/805118069123072000

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hope its good. Mods give a new dumb thread name

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Correnth posted:

found this leaked screenshot from marvel versus capcom four

Actually, pretty much, yeah.

quote:

Infinite Power: Pulled from classic Marvel lore, unique and game-changing Infinity Stones can be implemented into players’ strategies as a way to influence the outcome of battle. Each Infinity Stone provides a unique advantage to the player and represents a different aspect of the universe: power, space, time, reality, soul, and mind.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/12/03/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-hits-ps4-in-2017-2v2-battles-infinity-stones-more/

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
If the gems are used like in Marvel Super Heroes it could be fun. 6 stones, generic effect for everyone except one stone has a "super" effect for each class. Like, the Space gem gave people some armor, but it made Magneto have near invulnerability, time gem made everyone faster, but it made Hulk obscenely fast and could do two air H punches in the air for massive damage.

If they're like SFxT... Screw that noise.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

If there going the 12 v 12 character route thats disspointing. That doesn't even cover the roster for Avengers or Guardians of the Galaxy, even less their villians.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Where'd you get 12 V 12?

And lets be honest here, this is MCU characters, there are no good villains, unless Zemo is in, with a playstyle that revolves around setting up plans so elaborate they make sense if you think about it.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Oh hell yeah! It's going to be similar to TvC! Getting all the hype now. I was waiting so long for a sequel to that game.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

Where'd you get 12 V 12?

And lets be honest here, this is MCU characters, there are no good villains, unless Zemo is in, with a playstyle that revolves around setting up plans so elaborate they make sense if you think about it.

they gotta have more people to sell you for 5 bux each, cant start out with too many

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im optimistic about the game but

Zain posted:

Oh hell yeah! It's going to be similar to TvC! Getting all the hype now. I was waiting so long for a sequel to that game.

I wish it had real assists instead of power ups

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Im optimistic about the game but

I wish it had real assists instead of power ups

It doesn't have actual assists? Lame, but we'll see how it plays out.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zain posted:

It doesn't have actual assists? Lame, but we'll see how it plays out.

Nah you pick your groove in the form of a gem and get a weak cooldown effect and a strong but very limited use effect according to reports

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Nah you pick your groove in the form of a gem and get a weak cooldown effect and a strong but very limited use effect according to reports

That sounds kind of cool, but I'm skeptical on a lot of things. Like the weak groove effect, will it change with every gem? Also that would change team members synergy a lot if that's the case. Just thinking of the scenario now where one might want the power for their groove and the other would want whatever other gem for theirs.

Are gems just a blanket thing? Like you pick your two and you have to share the gem? Or is it like a pick and choose for the characters?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4YqO-VBEu4

I'm liking what I'm seeing. Just theres a big roster.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Discussion > Games > IT'S MAHVEL 4 BABY

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Vengarr posted:

Discussion > Games > MAHVEL INFINITE: MONKEY'S PAW WISH GRANTED

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

Where'd you get 12 V 12?

the last marvel movie featured dormammu and he's the coolest villain in mvc3 so youre already wrong. no doom or mag does suck though

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
lol why does this thread exist

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
For Marvel VS Capcom 4, which Polygon reported may be coming

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
yeah that was already being discussed in 3 other FG threads before Polygon found out about it

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Can i have the other two?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

sharrrk posted:

the last marvel movie featured dormammu and he's the coolest villain in mvc3 so youre already wrong. no doom or mag does suck though

I can't wait to play as a giant floating face that gives up when it gets bored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlrgx2Vxj48

• Locked thread