Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Rakosi posted:

D&D made me the most politically right i have ever been

I also actually now hate fat people because of QCS

D&d made me go from being somewhat liberal to hating their guts.

I always hated fat "people" though 😎

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

It taught me that the same picture of a mans butthole reposted endlessly will never not be funny

darks1de
Nov 13, 2005

shower your mind and feed your soul
SA reminded me that all good things turn to poo poo eventually

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I'm now a retard

Chewybiteems
Mar 16, 2009
tbh the some awful shitpost forums helped me to understand that nothing is sacred and that there is an intelligent counter-argument to be made against the objective legitimacy of virtually anything

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

That Robot posted:

what about the time you were at the big game in the stadium, and dgsw turned around and said "hey kid" and threw you a jersey that reads "Castle Kids Reunion Tour" on the back while the pockets were full of Cheeba Chews

i squeezed out all his sweat into a mason jar and i keep it with me always :swoon::love:

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
I can't see a man stretch out his anus in real life without thinking of goatse and having a chuckle.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

It taught me how to win at Plinko on The Price is Right

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
Humor isn't worth the crushing negativity.

That people will say things that are completely opposite of reality and will be applauded for it.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

I learned that my co-workers do not find funny or really even generally give any kind of a poo poo about the things I've read on gbs.

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007
i learned the lessons of the goatman, of the brazillian butt sirens swapping scandalous substances between orifices, of the poisoned wombs making heaven too crowded. I learned that life is funny even when its terrible and that the internet does indeed make everyone stupid. hail lowtax

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I hate Chinese and Indian people because of the threads here

They are the two biggest ethnic groups in my town. Public bathrooms are as terrible as you imagine.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

It taught me that this image causes nerdrage

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

One of the first things I learned here is that "two girls one cup" is not a thing that should be Google searched at work. Or anywhere really.

Flutieflakes017
Feb 16, 2012

only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain

The Skeleton King posted:

SA taught me to quit caring so much about things that are beyond my control. Goons also taught me that it's okay to laugh at anything, especially myself.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Hating things will always be funnier than liking things.

Cis Lord
Nov 14, 2016
SA taught me there are no liberals, only lieberals.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
SA taught me that we can make up dumb monsters and 12 year olds will kill their friends over it

prtty cool imo

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
SA taught me to be a better writer (im still bad tho, just not as bad)

KawaiiAtomicBombs
Apr 15, 2016

~Ka-Boom~
It taught me how to accept all people equally and treat them all with respect

Manic Mailman
Jul 2, 2004
SA taught me with a little computer know how and critical thinking I can be a computer whiz in any business setting.

Finding the comedy in many situations.

Also to sever (thanks E/N).

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Made me realize that bigly is a corruption of big league

Grandma Panic!
Nov 4, 2006
Saved close to $1,500 thru SAmart since i first registered here. That alone is worth it.

also I've learned that it's relatively common to poo poo yourself. A huge load off my mind.

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

I steal jokes form here all the time and no one IRL gets it. I told my secretary to "turn your monitor on!!!" after she complained about her CPU. Then one of my other workers asked me something, and I was like "so you work from home then? :smug:". I also mention Hulk Hogan meat shoes and there's a swoosh sound as it goes over everyone's head. Sometimes I'm like "remember that MS Paint Gooooons thread?" And I get confused looks.

I'm probably on thin ice at work thanks to this place.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
SA taught me how to commit murder and get away with it. The trick is never to tell anybody you did it, not even if you try to disguise it as a joke post on a comedy forum.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Hell, I don't even remember 10 minutes agou.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
I am no longer remotely surprised or perturbed by any fetish, or any shade of crazy person. I'd like to think that mocking literally everyone made me more empathetic, maybe? Anyway it gave me a lot of perspective and helped me avoid letting my autism turn me into an oblivious loser. I think.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

It's how I first found out about this social justice stuff. I feel like microaggressions, triggers, Trans-whatever, all that stuff was on SA about 5 years before it was mainstream.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Frosted Flake posted:

It's how I first found out about this social justice stuff. I feel like microaggressions, triggers, Trans-whatever, all that stuff was on SA about 5 years before it was mainstream.

I think that's why regular people felt grossed out by this election. Over the past couple years I've started to see stuff from SA 10-15 years ago leak into the mainstream, whether it's memes in the news, or Vice articles about the Final Fantasy house, or gimmicks that migrated to 4chan and reddit, evolved spun out of tumblr as sincere and then reacted to on facebook.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
turns out the internet makes you stupid

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

thathonkey posted:

turns out the internet makes you stupid

drat, the girl from GoT in your av looks like a random Chicago Bears fan.

My posting this also affirms your statement.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
i learned that life is meaningless and you should kill yourself

also got addicted to let's plays

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

- It reaffirmed for me that posts on forums are horrible and hateful and cynical and negative regardless if they're free or cost $10 bucks, and that the only respite I have is to post submissions in Photoshop threads :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Did anyone say it changed my shape cause I'm sitting all the time now eating chipos and drinking?

• Locked thread