Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bobnumerotres posted:

whaaat lmao im gonna look this up i cant believe it e: that they did this on flip phones and it was better 10 yrs ago i mean lol

japanese flip phone technolgy was very advanced

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao. I actually remember that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im gonna "play" X8 for a few minutes (watch the opening curtscene) and then get started on a proper mega man game, Mega Man Zero https://www.twitch.tv/in_training

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
https://clips.twitch.tv/in_training/HomelyGullArsonNoSexy

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
poo poo is getting seriously epic https://clips.twitch.tv/in_training/InnocentDog4Head

edit: :eyepop:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mega Man X8 is actually kinda loving cool.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The one boss I've reached was really awesome (and took up on screen!! come on people!) and all 3 playable characters are fun to use and move really fast. It also has a nice cartoony pop to its look. The only negative thing I would have to say is that the levels are just a teensy bit too long, and the part in the gravity level where you have to dodge instakill blocks that move around is bullshit!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This part https://clips.twitch.tv/in_training/BeautifulRaccoonKappaClaus

also making that I am reminded of another mark against it, the walljump sound.

Soral
May 30, 2009

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

now that agdq is over I'll get back to playing X8 today.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Live with X8 https://www.twitch.tv/in_training

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I just realized that this December is Mega Man's 30th anniversary. I hope Capcom is going to do something cool.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I just realized that this December is Mega Man's 30th anniversary. I hope Capcom is going to do something cool.

some Ben 10 guy is making a new MM cartoon and there'll be at least one game tied to that

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

some Ben 10 guy is making a new MM cartoon and there'll be at least one game tied to that

thats kind of neat actually

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

The new animated Mega Man series will follow Aki Light – a normal, upbeat, and above all optimistic young school-aged robot living in Silicon City. He soon learns that deep within his programming are secret protocols that allow him to transform – giving him nanocore armor, a Mega Buster, and the iconic helmet to turn him into a superhero – Mega Man!

Promising exciting new technologies and new robots, the series will follow the adventures and trials of Aki Light – a.k.a. Mega Man – as he faces off against threats to Silicon City, while trying to keep his superhero identity a secret and maintain a normal robot schoolkid life.

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone
The thing where Sigmas severed head attaches to a giant replica of his dog to create his final form is creepy and cool to me

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
when will i finally get to play as sniper joe

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

a rocket slime style game where you play as sniper joe as a long haul trucker

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

trying to jack off posted:

a rocket slime style game where you play as sniper joe as a long haul trucker

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played X8 for a bit more today and I think I'm done with it. There's cool ideas there but it's more frustrating than fun. I tried every stage by now and they're all way too long. Next up is the zero series

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
There's also the RPG one on GameCube that I forget the name of. Maverick Hunter X? I played it as a kid and liked it a lot but I completely forgot it existed until just now so maybe it's actually bad

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

rediscover posted:

There's also the RPG one on GameCube that I forget the name of. Maverick Hunter X? I played it as a kid and liked it a lot but I completely forgot it existed until just now so maybe it's actually bad

that's Command Mission, Maverick Hunter X is the MMX remake for PSP

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

There are over 130 mega man games

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
That's a little more than I expected but not insane given the length of half the individual series + spinoffs. Classic MM alone has 1-10, MM&B, and the godawful sequel for the Wonderswan.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Battle Network has like 30 games itself.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

new fangame out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnVrDHHPnPM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

rediscover posted:

command mission was cool in that it had plenty of ways to stack abilities that made it feel like you were breaking the game

• Locked thread