Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

nailed it in one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

no movie with Mark Wahlberg in the lead role is the best anything, except Fear, which is only the best movie with Mark Wahlberg in the lead role

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Shooter isn't even the best Shooter in film, that being Shooter McGavin

Shooter eats little pieces of poo poo like Happy Gilmore for breakfast.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I enjoyed SS and thought it was comic book-y as Hell and pretty true to the New 52 series is was based on.

Deadshot standing on top of the car one-hitting dudes was pretty cool. Only issue I had was Leto, but that's for a whole lot of other reasons beyond this movie.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

it was okay

I mean, in the sense that any movie is "arguably" one of the best movies ever made

Halloween tho

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Axel Serenity posted:

I enjoyed SS and thought it was comic book-y as Hell and pretty true to the New 52 series is was based on.

Deadshot standing on top of the car one-hitting dudes was pretty cool. Only issue I had was Leto, but that's for a whole lot of other reasons beyond this movie.

Too bad both new 52 series are hot fuckin dogshit

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Leto Joker was actually extremely good. After decades of the Joker being the personification of evil or chaos or whatever it was refreshing to get a Joker whose only influence is money cash hoes.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
I wouldn't say it was objectively good but as a huge comic nerd I feel like I got my money's worth out of my ticket. Man, they made that toxic waste bath look good, I'd try that poo poo even if Margot Robbie wasn't in there waiting for me.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Pirate Jet posted:

Leto Joker was actually extremely good. After decades of the Joker being the personification of evil or chaos or whatever it was refreshing to get a Joker whose only influence is money cash hoes.

Yeah that sounds cool and interesting and not retarded

Not

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Yeah that sounds cool and interesting and not retarded

Not

disagree

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I think I wouldn't be bothered as much if they hadn't talked about the Extended Version for some of their recent movies. Why can't you fit what you want to show in the original running time or write/direct a tighter movie?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

All comic book movies are terrible

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

In Training posted:

All comic book movies are terrible

*extremely movie guy voice* uh what about A History of Violence? :smugdog:

beeman
May 7, 2008

this is a chill place where we can all kick back and talk about superhero movies :)

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I think you will find there is only one "super hero" of film, and his name is Tarr Béla

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Is there a word or term for the pure polar opposite of art? Negative art? Reverse art? Antiart? That's what superhero movies are.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!
in this version of th joker he's a crazed pimp who fucks hoes

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

I think I wouldn't be bothered as much if they hadn't talked about the Extended Version for some of their recent movies. Why can't you fit what you want to show in the original running time or write/direct a tighter movie?

They did, but then idiots needed everything in BvS explained to them so they added back in a bunch of exposition, some of which admittedly made for solid scenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

suicide squad is like the worst parts of mystery men combined with league of extraordinary gentlemen

Mystery Men is one of my favourite movies and Suicide Squad was also cool and good.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Is there a word or term for the pure polar opposite of art? Negative art? Reverse art? Antiart? That's what superhero movies are.

Pulp? Popcorn movies?

• Locked thread