Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Turner & Hooch. Ed. Bedtime for Bonzo. There have been a lot of movies with the central premise of "a human buddies up with an animal and hijinks ensue", but does it have much staying power? Not really. For every successful film in that vein, there are a dozen cheap bad films that follow. It's something that crops up every few years in a good film, is mimicked a few times and then forgotten for a brief resurgence. Or these movies just fly under the radar. You don't see any major movie companies clamoring for the "straight man and wild animal" cinematic universe.

But what if you personally could change that, give the genre some recognition?

I want you to pick a film you enjoy or a film that you hate. Hell, pick a movie you totally forgot about or think is just resoundingly mediocre. The movie now has an animal sidekick as a protagonist whose actions actually contribute to the plot. Share with everyone how the movie changes and if you think it would be successful or not.

I personally think Crash really could have used a subplot where a gorilla that knows sign language is the one who explains to Sandra Bullock that racism is bad and we also get a few scenes of the gorilla hanging out at the zoo. A lot of people see that movie as cheesy Oscar Bait, but I think it would have some actual artistic merit if a film with a monkey won an Oscar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I suppose your right.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Star Wars but the force is actually a wisecracking parrot that only Luke can see

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Star Wars but the force is actually a wisecracking parrot that only Luke can see

Bigger Luke is the name of my mastiff.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Gilbert Gottfried: Okay okay I'll lift the drat spaceship, calm your nerves you don't have to say it twice

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Fight Club but Tyler Durden is a penguin

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

2001 but HAL is a trained, intelligent ape and also it's now a prequel to Planet of the Apes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chwoka
Jan 27, 2008

I'm Abed, and I never watch TV.

duck soup with a real duck

• Locked thread