Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
For raeal, Tank Girl is really good and maybe the best comic book movie of all time? It has an insane amount of energy.

It could have been even better, but studios are dumb and Hewlett/Martin are assholes. A ton of scenes got cut. The musical number got shortened because test audiences didn't like it.

Anyway, I really like this movie and it makes me sad that it's not more popular.

This is a genuine love for the movie Tank Girl. If you "ironically" love it or think it's "so bad it's good" yr literal scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ecstatic Elastic
Oct 30, 2008

She's just spun
Tank Girl owns bones and Lori Petty is smoking hot, could have done without Ice T tho, he just seems really gross. Not just in the movie, but like...his existence

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
true

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
wait whats wrong with ice t? it's refreshing and he fights crime

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Shoombo posted:

For raeal, Tank Girl is really good and maybe the best comic book movie of all time? It has an insane amount of energy.

It could have been even better, but studios are dumb and Hewlett/Martin are assholes. A ton of scenes got cut. The musical number got shortened because test audiences didn't like it.

Anyway, I really like this movie and it makes me sad that it's not more popular.

This is a genuine love for the movie Tank Girl. If you "ironically" love it or think it's "so bad it's good" yr literal scum.

Agreed, but you missed out the biggest crime committed by the studio.

quote:

Hewlett also revealed that a scene with Tank Girl, Booga and "a ten-inch prosthetic cock" also got cut. "A $5,000 cock. It looked brilliant", he said. "The whole scene was very romantic. But MGM took it out. Too bestial. We were going 'it's innocent, like seeing your mum and dad in bed together". MGM disagreed.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114614/trivia?ref_=tt_trv_trv

Oh and those animated scenes and comic panels had to be drawn up because the studio forgot to film those scenes. Good thing Lori Petty was on board or the whole thing could've collapsed.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
poo poo, tank girl is extremely good. i like this new board because i can actually enjoy movies again.

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013

Baka-nin posted:

Agreed, but you missed out the biggest crime committed by the studio.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114614/trivia?ref_=tt_trv_trv

Oh and those animated scenes and comic panels had to be drawn up because the studio forgot to film those scenes. Good thing Lori Petty was on board or the whole thing could've collapsed.

Haha, I was gonna make a whole post about the production design on this movie. Handled by the esteemed Catherine Hardwicke, a capable director in her own right, the design on this movie is just crazy.

Tank Girl wears about 18 different outfits and hair styles throughout the film, according to imdb. It feels like way more.

In general, this movie has a lot of beautiful designs that barely show up. The rebel base at the beginning feels truly lived in, only for it to be blown up, minutes later.

This movie has some of the coolest post-apocalypse chic. Everything is cobbled together from punk rock and kitsch and I just love the look.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I unironically really like this movie unlike most of the internet, who worship the nostalgia critic's review where he makes weird faces during "Let's Fall In Love" and goes "what??? furries????" at the kangaroos

(but the kangaroos are really cool)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Nostalgia critic is absolute trash unlike Tank Girl which owns.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
This movie is one that was always on the shelf at the video store, and I wanted to rent it but my parents would say no.

Guess it's time to find it on Amazon

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
In the late 90's I dated this chick who was extremely into the Tank Girl comics. Putting the movie on counted as foreplay for her.

It was really hard to maintain focus once the musical number came on though, she would insist on singing along.

DoctorG0nzo
May 28, 2014
Nostalgia Critic and Tank Girl are both shameful, shameful trash, I'm a yuuuuuuuuge prick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I saw this movie once a long time ago and all I really remember about it is Malcolm McDowell chewing the scenery about how he was going to extract water from people's bodies I think? Anyway it owned

• Locked thread