Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

trying to jack off posted:

i just looked it up and that ending is even more retarded than the one they put in. just use the goddamn books ending which is perfect :mad:
I think both endings were good if you look past the weird cgi. I like that the alternate ending sort of raises questions about the ethics of the experiments he's been doing. not book I Am Legend but still good.

In Training posted:

the will smith superhero movie (the name escapes me at the moment) has a added scene in the home release where he gets his dick sucked and cums so hard it blows the woman's head off and launches his semen into deep orbit
why couldn't Hancock have been just 90 minutes this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

the will smith superhero movie (the name escapes me at the moment) has a added scene in the home release where he gets his dick sucked and cums so hard it blows the woman's head off and launches his semen into deep orbit

lmfao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

dogmother1776 posted:

I think both endings were good if you look past the weird cgi. I like that the alternate ending sort of raises questions about the ethics of the experiments he's been doing. not book I Am Legend but still good.

the more i think about it, the more im coming to believe hollywood puts out mostly unintelligent garbage designed to appeal to the most possible people

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

JEEVES420 posted:

Or watch the last man on Earth, http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0058700/?ref=m_nv_sr_2 drat near verbatim the book I am legend.

It's public domain too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuPgXDWMB-Q

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
They used the bad I Am Legend ending because test audiences didn't like that Will Smith was morally ambiguous

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Have test audiences ever not been completely cancerous?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Test audiences are ok for observing their immediate emotional response - like there's a funny scene and 2 hollywood creeps watch from behind a one-way mirror if people laugh - that did make Monty Python's The Holy Grail better. However they should never ever actually ask that audience what they think or ask them to write anything down unless they need to submit it directly into a shredder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
Test screenings are what I miss most about living in Southern California - you could go to a movie theater in Orange County and still get to partake. Sometimes you feel as though you are giving some solid feedback, but I would not doubt that most folks are just there for the free movie. Best screenings were Club Dread and Gladiator (which was weird with incomplete CGI and a temp soundtrack with bits taken from Excalibur), but the worst had to be The Glass House. There was not a single suggestion I could make that could have saved that film beyond "throw it out and start over."

That was over ten years ago - who knows how they run those things now.

• Locked thread