Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

its a cool movie. love the long shots and the immigration stuff is as relevant as ever. the constant suicide ads are really creepy in the best way. there were lots of nice animals and i want to give them pets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
its a good movie op and I enjoy a good rewatch from time to time

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

That scene where they're driving through a forest and a flaming car rolls into their way followed by hundreds of screaming maniacs out of nowhere is still one of the most terrifying things I've ever seen.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Saw it for the first time like a year ago. It was really good.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
The climax was amazing. Watching the girl walk her baby through what was seconds before a raging firefight, while people cried, prayed or stared in awe at the sight and sound of a newborn child. Goddamn powerful.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
The single take action scenes (car chase where Julianne Moore dies, urban warfare at the end, and iirc also the part where they escape the farm) are imo some of the best and most intense action filmmaking possibly ever, definitely in modern action movies. Quick cut Steven Wright action scenes are good for the kind of superhero-beats-up-fifty-people action but I think Children of Men's extreme long takes are way way better for the kind of movie it is, which is scared shitless people just trying to survive insanely intense situations. So good.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
I kept telling one of my friends we should watch Children of Men because it's all good movie and probably about to be all too relevant again but we kept getting sidelined with other movies first.

Then one day I notice it on her shelf as a DVD.

"Hey, you bought that movie? I already have a blu-ray copy of it to watch."

"Oh, I bought that years ago and saw it in the theater but I don't remember any of it."

"...I, uh...I'm going to hold a grudge against you for a long time." :commissar:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Talmonis posted:

The climax was amazing. Watching the girl walk her baby through what was seconds before a raging firefight, while people cried, prayed or stared in awe at the sight and sound of a newborn child. Goddamn powerful.

A gutwrenching moment was when the girl's caretaker was told to get off the bus. Literally nothing anyone could do. And everybody knows what's happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Movie is a classic. I've met some people who don't like it, though their arguments are unconvincing.

• Locked thread