Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Mraagvpeine posted:

I wonder what the boss guy's deal was.
Dropsy's brother. The farm trailer and basement reveal a lot, but Dreamship didn't check the former and blasted right through the latter.

Relax your pace. Look at the things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

As I have said, I went into this expecting to miss a great deal and fully planning on doubling back for all the finer details. Don't worry, we will hit everything.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Oh boy that sure is an ending ???

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I do also love how the townspeople came to oppose the police searching for Dropsy. That was pretty sweet. :unsmith:

This has to be a neutral end. Not the best, not the worst. It's kinda ambiguous if Dropsy died and went to clown heaven, or if the space ship actually did come and save Dropsy before he exsanguinated entirely. For sure though, aliens exist, and we need to see more of what background info we missed.

I guess CEO alien is pissed at Dropsy for some reason despite being brothers. Perhaps he is jealous of Dropsy's love? What with CEO dude creating snack cakes that turn humans green like him, perhaps he is lonely, and trying forcefully to not be the only one in the world who is like him.

I still don't know why he wants Dropsy dead, but I'm sure it's explained somewhere.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I would like to think that they didn't pull a Fran Bow and this can be interpreted literally. I mean, we already chased CEO to another dimension, why rule out teleportation at that point? It would also explain why the dad suddenly disappeared

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Yeah it has a single literal explanation. You can piece it together as is if you find everything, in the update there'll be additional lore ~revealed~ too.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

We have to delve deeper into the complex lore of Dropsy, guys. Who wants to volunteer to start the Wikia page?

I personally think that Dropsy is a metaphor for capitalism.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

DreamShipWrecked posted:

We have to delve deeper into the complex lore of Dropsy, guys. Who wants to volunteer to start the Wikia page?

I personally think that Dropsy is a metaphor for capitalism.

http://dropsy.wikia.com/wiki/Dropsy

It already exists. Fill it in.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

"Species: N/A"

Wow spoilers

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Few updates:

I'm still alive! Due to Life Events I've been unable to record the completionist run, but I have been getting footage as I can. It is still coming!

I have not heard of any further news of a release date for Yeti's Curse, supposedly it is coming out this month but it may be getting pushed back more.

If you like the music in the game, the soundtrack is up on Bandcamp here.

Thanks for your patience!

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Hello everyone, please vote in this poll!

The question is if you guys would like snippets of the cassette tapes intercut with the completionist video, or would you like them in their own video?

https://twitter.com/dreamshipwreck/status/845031087919255556

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

And here we have the first episode of the completionist run!

A little bit about how these are going to go, I essentially played the entire game over again and scoured the map for everything that we missed. Rather than double checking what we got previously, I have just included everything in the game in terms of hugs and cassettes. I took out all the running around and just left in the juicy bits.

Enjoy!

Completionist 1(SPOILERS)

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Mar 24, 2017

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

And since SO MANY people have told me how much they LOVED Drops' sick dance moves, have a special video for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHQd55JuqAE

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Your link starts the video about 5 minutes in, probably want to remove the timestamp component (&t=308s).

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Ephphatha posted:

Your link starts the video about 5 minutes in, probably want to remove the timestamp component (&t=308s).

Fixed, cheers!

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

And here we are, with the final video. With this we have recieved every hug and found every tape. Said tapes are the background to this video, shown in between the tracks.

Thanks for watching, everyone. This video completes this thread until Curse of the Yeti arrives, in which case I will make a new thread. I'm glad that I was able to experience this game with all of you!

Feel free to openly discuss any plot details you would like, spoilers are now allowed.

Completionist: Episode 2

I will not be doing a new LP here for a while, but I do continue to do streams and other vids on my various channels. Follow me on Twitter at @Dreamshipwreck for more details.

Thank you, and good night!

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Apr 4, 2017

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Thanks for this. I enjoyed all those hugs.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
I was kind of hoping that the ending would be different somehow (other than I guess everyone loving Dropsy during that sequence)

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

RabidWeasel posted:

I was kind of hoping that the ending would be different somehow (other than I guess everyone loving Dropsy during that sequence)

The biggest difference is that if you get all the hugs then you have everyone turn out to defend you rather than just some of them. The only plot change is if you build the statue completely then you get confirmation that Drops is the brother of CEO and the other guy that CEO was raised with and he killed.

Other than that it's identical, yeah.

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

Thanks for doing this and now looking forward to the DLC. You showed off just how jam packed with character this game is.

Nice that you gave the music a proper airing too, there's some quality snapshots of different styles in there.

I really think Gaspy Conana produced an excellent take on traditional point and clicks here, with the open world structure and countless mini-tasks to do throughout. Even if you hit a brick wall on a particular puzzle you'll still feel like you're making progress as you cheer people up or cock a leg.

Seems a much better use of the legacy than something like Thimbleweed Park with it's old school verb system, although I appreciate that's set out it's stall on some very specific nostalgia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I like that there is a ton of stuff in the game but that it is better off behind side quests. The issue that I have with a lot of adventure games like this is that the esoteric ways that you get some things is the single path through it. Here it's okay if you have to give a item to Sam, Jack, Jill, and Edward in a row then backwards because it is something optional and it doesn't stop your overall enjoyment of the story.

That being said, a lot of the hugs were straightforward, you just needed trial and error for some of the other ones. The ones that I really had trouble with were the alien, since I didn't realize that they are crystals, and not realizing that the river box was a fishing spot which cuts out the pawn shop and cop. Still, I'm sure given enough time you would figure it out, and it is telling that everything else was fairly straightforward in a good way.

• Locked thread