Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feb 8, 2024
[Human beings]: basic communications that take take centuries to complete like fully legalizing cannabis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

Germany has just kinda legalized weed starting from April 1st.

Feb 25, 2024
the united states dies with cannabis still scheduled federally

Feb 25, 2024
another day where only one event happens

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
When blogs started dying out, the comments sections became appended with random spam bot posts. This is now happening to this website, only here it's a real person who pays $$ a day to make random spam posts

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Mano posted:

Germany has just kinda legalized weed starting from April 1st.

In addition little Luxembourg passed legalisation last summer. We'll see what happens in April.

030524_3
Mar 5, 2024
Stoned TV Zombies. Big Problem or Biggest Problem?

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Last year I visited Japan, and here's my weed-related experience:

-My bag got extra super searched every single time I went through security, which was a total of 4 times, because I've had vape cartridges leak in the pockets before, and I sat there placidly smiling because I went through every pocket, fold, and crevice to make sure there was absolutely nothing in there. They see me rollin', they hatin'...

-Picture this: it's a beautiful February day, you have a chronic pain condition, and you've been hauling 70lbs of luggage up and down station stairs all day. Your feet have blisters on top of blisters. You are having the time of your life but all this pain is putting a damper on your fun. You stumble into the Shinjuku Mega Don Quixote and look left, and see the magic letters C B D. Buddy I slapped down ¥2000 before I even saw that they had a selection, but that little vape was at least a placebo and at best took enough of the edge off that I could deal.

So I think there's hope for Japan in the next 40-50 years, especially with an aging population that may prefer herbal remedies to pharmaceuticals (so far as I could tell; lots of caffeine everywhere to self-medicate any ADHD, all the drug stores had a whole cooler or half-height shelving full of questionable dark-colored bottles). As the United States continues to flip without the DEA-promised social cataclysm, other countries are definitely taking note. I'd say sooner, but this is Japan, after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

So far the legalisation in Germany hasn't made much of an impact over here. Currently the Maltese still social clubs aren't legal until July, maybe that will increase visibility and strengthen pressure. But then again the Portuguese decrim model has recieved universal praise for tackling drug social issues and that stubbornly hasn't moved the needle. Well Scotland pushed for it but cave in pretty quickly when the UK gov said it wouldn't co-operate so that might have been an attempt to inflame indepence sentiment. I hope not since Scotland and other parts really need to do something to change the way we deal with drugs. So, does Ireland North and South.