Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ragg posted:

Check out Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game some time.

ty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I'm the guy who turns on subtitles and then just reads those and mashes the next button as soon as I have so the voice acting is just "the enemy is--we have--I can't--" so they're all written games to me

Yea that's how i play witcher 3 but without subtitles 😈

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

rediscover posted:

I do that too, unless the game is good and has cool voice acting and I'm immersed in it or w/e.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

goferchan posted:

Yea that's how i play witcher 3 but without subtitles 😈

That's a very Geralt thing to do honestly.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

That's a very Geralt thing to do honestly.

I love him so much . That early quest in Velen with the gay guy telling Geralt he was banished from town for being a "freak" & Geralt being like "ahh..... lycanthropy.... it's not easy, but there are cures" is fuckin hilarious

edit: also i love how he's constantly getting used by sorceresses for his good Witcher dick then discarded

goferchan fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Dec 12, 2016

Dec 26, 2012

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Try playing The Age of Decadence OP.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
got age of decadence and am dabbling in it, pillars of eternity and the torment numenera beta.

so assuming absolutely every npc in age of decadence is a turd trying to gently caress you seems like the correct way to play this.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
that's basically the only way to play AoD

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

woot beat the game. its hard to take the story seriously when your playing a muscle wizard named Punch Fistgroin. My thoughts:

Combat got easy as fuuuuuck in the last act, but that was probably because i was using sirin so i could try to raise her loyalty some more. Anticlimatic too, i punched out the embodiment of law and order (COME ON TUNON GRIT THOSE TEETH), dropped ink with lantry then set a capitol city on fire while high as gently caress. since i was on the anarchist path as well, the ending pretty much described how i was forever alone afterwords since apparently only lantry was my bro, so the bittersweetness of the ending fit well with how anticlimactic act 3 was. Im sad the anarchist path doesn't have more domination in it though, I though it would be me straight up taking poo poo over. Instead I did a bunch of fetch quests for mark-e-mark then left chaos wherever i went. Think ill make either a javelin dude or a sword and board dude going rebel next game, prolly play on hard too.

Dec 26, 2012

Neurosis posted:

got age of decadence and am dabbling in it, pillars of eternity and the torment numenera beta.

so assuming absolutely every npc in age of decadence is a turd trying to gently caress you seems like the correct way to play this.

finding new heights to claw yourself to the top of is the correct way to play it. also just approaching certain things from different angles and looking for opportunities to jump ship

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Agean90 posted:

woot beat the game. its hard to take the story seriously when your playing a muscle wizard named Punch Fistgroin. My thoughts:

Combat got easy as fuuuuuck in the last act, but that was probably because i was using sirin so i could try to raise her loyalty some more. Anticlimatic too, i punched out the embodiment of law and order (COME ON TUNON GRIT THOSE TEETH), dropped ink with lantry then set a capitol city on fire while high as gently caress. since i was on the anarchist path as well, the ending pretty much described how i was forever alone afterwords since apparently only lantry was my bro, so the bittersweetness of the ending fit well with how anticlimactic act 3 was. Im sad the anarchist path doesn't have more domination in it though, I though it would be me straight up taking poo poo over. Instead I did a bunch of fetch quests for mark-e-mark then left chaos wherever i went. Think ill make either a javelin dude or a sword and board dude going rebel next game, prolly play on hard too.

Act 3 in general is a bit rough and screams of cut content. Hoping for some DLC to beef that then Tyranny 2 for when we get to wreck Kyros' poo poo.
Also I Didn't kill Tunon because despite having every reason not to he still found me innocent saying he's at least a just fascist judge, where justice has the narrow virtues of impartiality and treating like cases alike. Will be proud to have him laying down the law for my new empire

Neurosis fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jan 8, 2017

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

My main issue with the game was just that I wanted more legal stuff. Like there could have been a whole section between breaking the first edict and the Disfavored/Chorus civil war where you just wander around proclaiming judgements as a Fatebinder. That was the aspect of it I was most excited about so I was a little disappointed that there wasn't so much of it. Just a lot more random side quests like the early one with the Disfavored soldier seizing the merchant's inventory, or the captured beastman in that one town.

Also the trial at the end should have been longer. After Tunon made a big deal about how he'd seen everything and I was going to answer for everything, I was looking forward to actually trying to justify all the insane poo poo I'd done but he only asks three questions. My character got challenged on the fact that she glared silently a lot but not on the fact that she stole a grimoire of forbidden knowledge for herself in defiance of Kyros's explicit demands to destroy it.

I kinda like where the story ended narratively though. The only real nitpick I have about it is I would have liked to have a little input on what my character was trying to do exactly with the newfound archonship. Like did the end represent your character laying the foundations for replacing Kyros or just independence for the Tiers? I played my character as fanatically, unquestionably loyal to both Kyros and Tunon (except for the forbidden knowledge bit) and she'd have been happy continuing to serve Kyros as ruler of the Tiers even after the skirmish and nuking the capital as long as Kyros let her run things within her borders. Just more clarification and hopefully player input on where exactly your character and Kyros stand.

Now that 2016's over I think I can officially declare this my GOTY. Really excited for an announcement on their expansion/sequel plans.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I played more Tyranny than Pillars, but both suffered from the "OK I'm gonna put this down and then forget to play it for weeks" syndrome.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

age of decadence is the poo poo. liking this game a lot so far

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

extremely steampunk posted:

age of decadence is the poo poo. liking this game a lot so far

It's a wonderful game.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
torment: nides of numenera is out in a month. the beta is pretty sick but it's probably not the game if you're really into combat systems like pillars. the aesthetic experience involving the visuals and writing is very good. sufficiently different from torment while still being in the same vein. the differences being mainly aesthetic. there doesn't seem to be utter walls of text to read so far either, and the text there is tends to focus on what makes the world distinctive and different rather than giving you boring descriptions about someone's mannerisms, but this is admittedly on a small sampling of the game. not sure yet if the level of pretentiousness will be the same.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I liked Torment because you didn't need a big party to win but drat that was a dull game as far as the fights went. I ended up going for the pacifist skips just so I wouldn't have to play as many of the boring as fights. Maybe they'll have fun combat and a cool world this time instead of just the cool world

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
the combat system's fairly rudimentary but they have tried to add some more roleplaying like things into it to make it more interesting. like you can talk to your opponents in combat and there are environmental things in a lot of areas that need skill checks etc. i'm making the 'rudimentary' call off a pretty small amount of combat though because on the time i've spent playing in it i've barely needed to fight.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I never played Planescape: Torment but Tides of Numenera looks really cool and that convinced me to buy it on gog. It's next on my list after I wrap up the Halo series and Divinity: Original Sin.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Try playing The Age of Decadence OP.

Convincing people I was their messiah is the best thing I've ever had the chance to do with a charismatic character in a game.

Noun Verber
Oct 12, 2006

Cool party, guys.
Maxing quickness and fighting unarmed is the best way to play, Bruce Lee style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
if anyone's interested in giving pillars a try (i did a full run after finishing tyranny; it was good) it's on sale for cheap over at gog https://www.gog.com/promo/20170123_weekly_sale?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=20170123_weekly_sale&utm_term=EN

they just fully funded pillars 2 so...

• Locked thread