Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I read a lot of discussions and no one seems to know for sure?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Good question. I'm pretty sure it's a bunch of B.S.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Clint Eastwood anti-government mindset apparently. Sully probably just happy a movie was made that put him in good light and didn't care beyond just asking not to use their real names.

It astounds and saddens me that the guy who made the brilliant Gran Torino now shits out films that are plain abysmal (American Sniper) or incredibly mediocre (Sully). Time to ship him off to a home.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

When in doubt it almost always is hollywooooooooooooood being dicks

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

I really thought the ending scene of the film was going to be him testifying about how he doesn't know of a single pilot working today who wants their children to follow in their footsteps due to how lovely the pay and working conditions have become.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kePiiZ8_YA

It is a missed opportunity for sure, but that would have clashed with the "gently caress government" message that Eastwood was pushing and would have made the film end on a depressing note.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Yeah it's probably 95% bullshit. In Apollo 13, they portray Kevin Bacon's character as a total dufus who didn't really deserve to be there but in real life he was a supremely skilled pilot and a major part of the reason why all three guys got back alive.

edit: I didn't see "Sully" but I still get chills listening to the audio recording of him talking to the ATC guy and going "We're gonna be in the water" in the calmest tone of voice ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

ApexAftermath posted:

I really thought the ending scene of the film was going to be him testifying about how he doesn't know of a single pilot working today who wants their children to follow in their footsteps due to how lovely the pay and working conditions have become.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kePiiZ8_YA

It is a missed opportunity for sure, but that would have clashed with the "gently caress government" message that Eastwood was pushing and would have made the film end on a depressing note.

Good vid thanks

• Locked thread