Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i know people love happy gilmore and bill ymadison but this is actually a great movei so is little nicky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Little Nicky is bad, Waterboro is good

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I consider the Sandler golden era pretty much everything from Billy Madison until Big Daddy.

I think Airheads was before Billy Madison, but I'm going to include that, as well.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Little Nicky is a giant piece of poo poo, op

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
How many Sandler movies are there where he is not playing a "humbled rich guy", "humble guy gets rich", or "guy trying to get rich to do humble thing"?

Pretty sure its just Waterboy and Little Nicky. He might end up rich in those but I haven't seen them.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GonSmithe posted:

Little Nicky is a giant piece of poo poo, op

I like Little Nicky. :saddowns:

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
I like when the man in it says "You can do eet." It's a funny line and it makes you think.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Water Boy gets a lot of things right about college football and the southern USA. It's almost a documentary.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good things about The Waterboy:

Fairuza Balk (so loving trailer hot in this movie)
Jerry Reed, in a role he could probably do in his sleep.
The Bourbon Bowl, which shockingly isn't a real bowl in Kentucky somewhere.
Oscar-award winning actress Kathy Bates, slumming it and being the best in the movie, as usual.
Henry Winkler
The Big Show as Captain Insano

HP Hovercraft
Jan 1, 2006

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse

UmOk posted:

How many Sandler movies are there where he is not playing a "humbled rich guy", "humble guy gets rich", or "guy trying to get rich to do humble thing"?

Pretty sure its just Waterboy and Little Nicky. He might end up rich in those but I haven't seen them.
maybe the only two good movies he's in? Wedding Singer and Punch-Drunk Love.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
gently caress pixels

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
p sure you can see op say waterboy is a good movie and it still is i've watched it twice in the past month

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
As far as movies with water in the title go, waterworld owns and waterboy is awful dog poo poo

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the only "traditional" adam sandler movie i like is The Wedding Singer

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

HP Hovercraft posted:

maybe the only two good movies he's in? Wedding Singer and Punch-Drunk Love.

I forgot about how good Wedding Singer was. A love letter to the 80's way before the 80's were "cool" again.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
*walks into thread*

adam sandler is bad

*walks back out*

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Adam Sandler made Pixels even though he already starred in The Wedding Singer, a much better movie about '80s culture. i'm not sure why. obviously not for the money because it bombed

Look! A Horse!
Feb 10, 2010
I'm bout to wild the gently caress out on this thread, i'm going bobby boucher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

My mama says gators is ornery cause they got all them teeth and no toothbrush

• Locked thread