Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

LaptopGun posted:

No that's apparently what passes for internet journalism in this day and age.

Your post made me realize my phone's autocorrect changes Lagina to Latina and now I can't stop laughing .

Good god almighty me, I think the internet is the anti-christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Gotta catch up on all the wood sniffing, forgot about this show for a while. I hope they find ghosts at some point because I'm still mad that Ghost Mine is no more and these guys might give Ghost Mine a run for its money on sheer stupid.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Best thread

My son and I watch this together. While it's the definition of good bad TV, we enjoy it. And it ramps up his interest in history so that's good.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I gotta give oak island some credit because after this season ended i've been watching some other 'treasure' shows and they're all so much faker.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Oak Island is the one of the only reality type show I watch, because it seems genuine. Like the recapping and narration is annoying, but the brothers are real and I don't believe they're faking anything.

The other one I watch is Josh Gates. Expedition Unknown is the best bar none because he will have some fantastic premise of what he's looking for, and 99% of the time they don't actually find it, and aren't faking results for sensation. Instead the payoff is learning some new small thing, advancing research, or even just satisfaction at tackling a mystery which is still a mystery.

LaptopGun
Sep 2, 2006

All I'm going to get out of him is a snappy one-liner and, if I'm real lucky, a brand new nickname.
Sounds like I should watch that show. Thanks. Interesting to compare the show to Oak Island.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

I like that this thread has others posting in it. It's like Alcoholics Anonymous for Oak Island.

Hi, my name is Tiny Lowtax and I'm an Oakaholic.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Don't worry, we'll all be vindicated when the hammer grab brings up a fistful of solid gold shakespeare grails.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I hope they do find chests full of Spanish galleon gold just for the legal shitshow over ownership rights that would ensue.

It's bad enough when dealing with shipwrecks out in international waters, but in this case it would be worse as not only would you be dealing with the typical century old banks and government insurance agencies wanting
to get their poo poo back, Nova Scotia even had special regulations passed so they get their cut of whatever is found on Oak Island.

http://nslegislature.ca/legc/bills/61st_2nd/3rd_read/b081.htm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Astroman posted:

Oak Island is the one of the only reality type show I watch, because it seems genuine. Like the recapping and narration is annoying, but the brothers are real and I don't believe they're faking anything.

The other one I watch is Josh Gates. Expedition Unknown is the best bar none because he will have some fantastic premise of what he's looking for, and 99% of the time they don't actually find it, and aren't faking results for sensation. Instead the payoff is learning some new small thing, advancing research, or even just satisfaction at tackling a mystery which is still a mystery.

This one has it's own weird thing to laugh at. At least couple of shows I watched. I think he tries to add some tension into the expeditions which are usually well organized trips. So he will cross a wood and rope bridge that hundreds of villages cross every day and say "this bridge could break at any time. What would we do if it breaks?" Then walks across and nothing happens.

Or he is climbing around some rocks and will say "There could be one of these dangerous deadly snakes. Shows picture of snake. No snakes where he is at."

• Locked thread