Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
This is a thread for organizing test-plays for the games I'm working on, and arranging times to testplay

Daring Skies

Daring skies is a competitive push your luck game for 2-5 players. Players are owners of their own flying transport company. Fly through pirates, storms and a war to deliver packages on time. Take on missions by flying to the start disposition shown on the missions. Many missions have twists to make them more difficult (such as birds that roam and maneuvering difficult). Game is loosely inspired by Tailspin and Porco Rosso.

The Rules can be found here

"Shooter"

A fairly simple skirmish level miniatures combat game, where each side has the same number of units. The main mechanic revolves around distributing hidden actions and resolving them. The game also has custom six-sided dice ([blank],*,1,1,2). The game has 7 classes,14 different units and over 70 perks

For game design goals, like I said I want this simple. Even Infinity (which people who play it say is simple) is a bit overly complex and has too much memorized stuff/look up charts for my liking. I took the sort of range bands thing and made the ranges all the same length (2-5" for close, 6-11" medium, 12-17" far, 18"+ very far). I also want to have the sort of unit customization that x-wing has.
I'll come up with actual characters once I get a good handle on the main mechanics. For now I'm basing characters on what I can get a hold of from reaper figures.

Rulebook

perk cards

E: Squad builder

I'm thinking a standard game is 4 units with side, with 80 points. I can just put together two teams if that's preferred and you can choose one.

E2: I tried this in TTS and had some issues with measuring vertically (from building tops down to the ground, so I'm not sure how to testplay this online at the moment.

---
If you're interested in trying these out, either on Roll20 or Tabletop simulator (Which is preferred for Shooter, though not required) post here with the times/days you're available. If you have any questions let me know here or via PM.

I'm mostly free afternoons this week, and free all day Thursday. I don't know my schedule for the next week until the Friday before. I'll update here with that info, but we can make tentative schedules and play it by ear.

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Dec 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
Daring Skies looks interesting, but I think you're missing a link to the rules.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Oops, you're right.

Rules can be found here and edited into the OP.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

I'm not working tomorrow or Tuesday if someone wants to play a game.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm available to play tomorrow (Sunday) for a bit in the afternoon. Probably later on as well, though it's mostly evenings. I have TS (steam id is 7hm), would be happy to help you test whatever you need help testing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Oops. I didn't see until just now, sorry. I'm free Thursday and Friday afternoon after 3:00 PM (PST).

• Locked thread