Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I think it's cool that Viera gave Mix his walking papers in the form of slam poetry.

threeagainstfour fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Feb 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

threeagainstfour posted:

I think it's cool that Viera gave Mix his walking papers in the form of slam poetry.

New MLS rules for contract negotiations state all contact between players and clubs/MLS must be in the form of a poem. Type of poetry is up to the sender.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

El Jebus posted:

New MLS rules for contract negotiations state all contact between players and clubs/MLS must be in the form of a poem. Type of poetry is up to the sender.

Then I guess we can expect several teams to express interest in Leicester's new interim manager.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
And just now:

https://twitter.com/MixDiskerud/status/836317423624196098

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Pretty sure he got hold of a bad batch of bath salts

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

I think Mix wants to force a trade to Colorado, Washington or Oregon.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Jack2142 posted:

I think Mix wants to force a trade to Colorado, Washington or Oregon.

Y'all can have him. Turns out the "Didn't get Mix Diskerud" consolation prize is one of the best midfielders in the league.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
https://twitter.com/dcsportsbog/status/836300840205975552

Oh no they showed us!

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
loving idiots. "HEY WE HATE CORPORATE BRANDED RIVAL" *spends money on rival's corporate product*

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

loving idiots. "HEY WE HATE CORPORATE BRANDED RIVAL" *spends money on rival's corporate product*

MLSfans.txt

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Maybe they stole it, you don't know!

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

camoseven posted:

Maybe they stole it, you don't know!

I know those people. They bought it.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

quote:

Don Garber hints at retirement during D.C. United stadium groundbreaking

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/story/don-garber-hints-at-retirement-during-d-c-united-stadium-groundbreaking-022817

WASHINGTON D.C. — For MLS Commissioner Don Garber, the groundbreaking for new D.C. United stadium Audi Field on Monday was a relief … and puts him one step closer to being able to walk away from the job with a legacy he feels good about.

On a cloudy, chilly day on Buzzard Point, the spot on D.C.’s southwest riverfront where United hopes to open its new stadium in summer 2018, hundreds of fans, media members, and city employees gathered to break ground on the site that will become Audi Field. Moments after putting shovel to dirt, Garber spoke about the club needing to finally get its own home.

“Our league needed one of its most historic — if not its most historic team — to be a frontrunner as opposed to being one of those teams that just couldn’t get it done,” Garber said.

“So we have one more to do in New England,” Garber said, smiling. “I think that’s the one where I might hang up the cleats, at that groundbreaking.”

Garber turns 60 this year, and has been serving as MLS Commissioner since 1999, a tenure of 18 years.

Calling it now: Garber will die in office at the age of 90 still waiting for the New England Revolution SSS to happen.

Do over Ham fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Mar 1, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Which happens first: NE SSS or Miami Beckhams?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

whypick1 posted:

Relegation.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

whypick1 posted:

NYC3.

And LA3.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Yonkers and Long Beach are under-represented...

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

whypick1 posted:

NE SSS, because Miami Beckhams is never happening. A non-Beckham Miami team might get into MLS before a NE SSS is built....twenty or thirty years from now. I'm an optimist. :unsmith:

New York Cosmos are tanned, rested.

Rob Stone no like Kraft tax write off soccer team:

http://www.thebentmusket.com/2017/2/28/14767544/fox-soccer-rob-stone-blasts-new-england-revolution-kraft-sirius-xm

Do over Ham fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Mar 1, 2017

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/FourFourTweet/status/835517680954269697?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

gently caress me.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Do over Ham posted:

NE SSS, because Miami Beckhams is never happening. A non-Beckham Miami team might get into MLS before a NE SSS is built....twenty or thirty years from now. I'm an optimist. :unsmith:

Considering Miami probably won't exist in twenty to thirty years, you certainly are.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I made an MLS Fantasy 2017 thread. Come and join because fantasy is fun! It gives you even more reasons to watch random MLS games! And there are (bad) prizes!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Retire Garber, hire Peter Wilt, never read a bad wicka post ever again.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Portland waives Jack Mac
http://www.oregonlive.com/timbers/index.ssf/2017/03/portland_timbers_waive_forward_1.html

This should carry with it a curse on the club, but I think we're about to have a good year. This will have been a more interesting move if we lose Adi to a better league at some point.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

porkface posted:

Portland waives Jack Mac
http://www.oregonlive.com/timbers/index.ssf/2017/03/portland_timbers_waive_forward_1.html

This should carry with it a curse on the club, but I think we're about to have a good year. This will have been a more interesting move if we lose Adi to a better league at some point.

Hmm, I'll take him at a lower wage, we're still pretty desperate for strikers.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever
HAPPY MLSMAS EVE! Main 2016 thread is also temporarily reopened for your copy/paste team preview needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Moktaro posted:

Hmm, I'll take him at a lower wage, we're still pretty desperate for strikers.

Honestly I'd be fine with Vancouver signing him at a lower salary for the same reason but I don't expect that will happen.

See also Mix Diskerud, also on the Buyout Train (but I'd kinda rather we give Teibert the chance this year in that spot, barring a Surprise Summer Atiba Hutchinson signing).

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Mar 2, 2017

• Locked thread