Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm not sure how I sit with seeing Coughlin coaching without red ice cold cheeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Wait a few weeks and you might get Sean Payton

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Iodised QQ posted:

Just give the job to Coughlin and be done with it

The guy obviously still wants to coach, and while I doubt it'd lead to much early success, it would at the bare minimum be somewhat amusing while allowing old men reporters to praise the rams for landing such a respectable and somewhat big fish

I love the idea of Coughlin trying to understand LA

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

I love the idea of Coughlin trying to understand LA

It's just flat New York with Mexicans instead of Puerto Ricans. :shrug:

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
So La Canfora said that Mike Shanahan might be hired by the 49ers to oversee the football side of things. Florio then said A)Isn't happening, and B)It was a rumor that started with Shanahan in an effort to get his name back out there. So La Canfora is still a hack, but the end result makes me sad. Bring back the tomato!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Chichevache posted:

It's just flat New York with Mexicans instead of Puerto Ricans. :shrug:

A brown person can walk down the street in LA without getting molested by cops

lol, "walk"

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

That Which Squeaks posted:

So La Canfora said that Mike Shanahan might be hired by the 49ers to oversee the football side of things. Florio then said A)Isn't happening, and B)It was a rumor that started with Shanahan in an effort to get his name back out there. So La Canfora is still a hack, but the end result makes me sad. Bring back the tomato!

Where there's a rookie QB that needs to be destroyed, Shanny will be there.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a new study bible! posted:

Where there's a rookie QB that needs to be destroyed, Shanny will be there.

Cutler's (arguably) best season came with Shanny!

What you really have to watch out for is the leaking poo poo to the press when he's unhappy, and I figure he'd have plenty of reason to be unhappy with the Rams. So that'd be fun.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

What rookie quarterback is Shanahan accused of destroying? The only real stain on his QB record is the weird infatuation he had for John Beck. Otherwise, he got good years out of guys like RG3 and Jay Cutler.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Simplex posted:

Otherwise, he got good years out of guys like RG3

it was a good year, aside from the whole running his prized rookie out on a bad knee in the postseason

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

corn on the cop posted:

it was a good year, aside from the whole running his prized rookie out on a bad knee in the postseason

That seemed like a Snyder RG3 thing, in hindsight

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

No that's a very shanahan thing.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Well now I'm definitely hoping Marv doesn't quit, because Fisher is definitely a Mike Brown guy.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

FizFashizzle posted:

No that's a very shanahan thing.

We should admire the restraint he had in destroying RG3 considering how much of an idiot cock he turned out to be

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Les Snead appears to be staying on as GM and is helping search. I was hoping they would clean house including the owner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Snead's not good but the biggest problem with the Ram's roster has been the coaching staff's complete inability to develop any of the players they draft, particularly on offense.

• Locked thread