Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

More like In-cancel-lated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-GaXa8tSBE

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/1629909/incorporated-cancelled-season-2-not-happening-at-syfy

quote:

Syfy has been changing up its programming a lot in recent years, and with the changes some shows have lasted and some haven't. This summer at Comic-Con, Syfy spent some money promoting its new drama Incorporated. Regardless, the show doesn't seem to have caught on. Today we learned that Incorporated has been cancelled by the network and will not be returning for Season 2.

Incorporated ended its freshman run back in January, but a lot of people probably didn't even notice when it wrapped up. That's because Incorporated's first season run saw fewer viewers tune in than Syfy was likely happy with. The show was only averaging a little under 500,000 viewers during its first season, which is not a large number, even for cable. Although it added some viewers in the days following the initial run, there were still fewer than a million people watching overall, which is really not a large audience, even for a network that often sees smaller viewership like Syfy. Low ratings strike again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

gently caress

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

PJOmega posted:

Ah well.

Maybe we'll at least get a "what the hell was planned going forward" dump? Though I doubt it.

C'est La Vie.

I'll just assume that Inazagi takes over the world with their sweet new mind reading tech because Spiga is too dumb to realize what they have.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

They'll just add it to their debauchery transmission helmets and scrape things in their next lunch meeting celebration.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

That sucks. It was one of my favorite new shows of the past few years. It had some really neat worldbuilding that we barely got to scratch the surface of, like Almost Human, and a very ambiguous protagonist.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Tyrant survived longer.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(

Toplowtech posted:

Tyrant survived longer.

loving hell, don't remind me of that poo poo.

This sucks. The world they created was very interesting, and had potential.

Is there any other dystopian future TV show to watch right now? Or good sci-fi, whatever, something with good world building.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Saw that coming a mile away

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mr. Nemo posted:

Is there any other dystopian future TV show to watch right now? Or good sci-fi, whatever, something with good world building.

The Expanse, Killjoys or Colony.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Apparently this was definitely not a last minute decision as Sean Teale already has a new show. He's going to be a lead on the Matt Nix X-Men series (where he'll be playing a character made up for the show.)

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Apparently this was definitely not a last minute decision as Sean Teale already has a new show.

Yeah Dennis Haysbert had as well.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Saw that coming a mile away

I'm not saying that Big Business got the show canceled, but you know the show was kind of harsh on capitalism... :tinfoil:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Apparently this was definitely not a last minute decision as Sean Teale already has a new show. He's going to be a lead on the Matt Nix X-Men series (where he'll be playing a character made up for the show.)

Good, he's a terrific actor.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Have only watched the first episode and then I saw it was cancelled. Do I finish the season?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

500 good dogs posted:

Have only watched the first episode and then I saw it was canceled. Do I finish the season?
Yes if you like/want to be angry at network execs at the end.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Toplowtech posted:

Yes if you like/want to be angry at network execs at the end.

They were just looking out for their shareholders.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

crazypeltast52 posted:

Praise the corporate mother.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

crazypeltast52 posted:

Should've used drone strikes on the studios of their competing networks :v:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

If it was a limited series, it would have been good as that. Not every question was answered, and not every storyline was wrapped up, but most were, so I'd say you could be satisfied with watching one season. It certainly asked interesting questions and built a compelling, plausible near future world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The overloads said it resembled actual plans.

Matt Damon was too close to the truth

• Locked thread