Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
will trump and sessions kill legal weed users?

the answer is yes btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

mark my words before this poo poo poo poo is over I will find a way to successfully roll up and smoke Jeff Sessions

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

the black husserl posted:

mark my words before this poo poo poo poo is over I will find a way to successfully roll up and smoke Jeff Sessions

he's probably 75% dried tobacco so it's possible

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

That Robot posted:

what is cspam's opinion in regards to trump's marijuana policy?

he seemed to be okay with states deciding things during the election said said he supported medical marijuana "one hundred percent", but he nominated noted buzzkill jeff beauregard sessions as attorney general

is legal weed hosed y/n?

i would hope they leave medical alone at least, coz i like my card

verdict is in

quote:

Law enforcement officials say that Sessions and Cook are preparing a plan to prosecute more drug and gun cases and pursue mandatory minimum sentences. The two men are eager to bring back the national crime strategy of the 1980s and ’90s from the peak of the drug war, an approach that had fallen out of favor in recent years as minority communities grappled with the effects of mass incarceration.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...b3a3_story.html

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
of course, never doubt the tenacity of old white men who want to relive the "good ol' days" of the 80s

ya think theyd be smart enough to avoid the losing battle again but theyr high as poo poo on the placebo known as Winning!™

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
there used to be several videos on youtube of trump talking about how the drug war is a complete failure and that we should legalise and tax every drug. I swear i cant find em anywhere i think they've been wiped off the face of the internet

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

there used to be several videos on youtube of trump talking about how the drug war is a complete failure and that we should legalise and tax every drug. I swear i cant find em anywhere i think they've been wiped off the face of the internet

There are videos of Dick Cheney saying that trying to occupy Iraq is a fools errand. Hypocrisy and contradiction are irrelevant to politics.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

You say this like Trump cares or even knows what the DEA is doing.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

yeah and your boy alex jones is down for it as long as daddy trump says so :smugdon:

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I hope so, OP

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i don't doubt that they exist(ed), but you're talking about a man who once said that the scottish healthcare system is something we should strive for before he started this whole shitstorm. trump has no innate beliefs of his own

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

get that OUT of my face posted:

i don't doubt that they exist(ed), but you're talking about a man who once said that the scottish healthcare system is something we should strive for before he started this whole shitstorm. trump has no innate beliefs of his own

*More pussy for trump
*gently caress you

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/23/us/politics/trump-duterte-phone-transcript-philippine-drug-crackdown.html

quote:

Mr. Trump placed the call and began it by congratulating Mr. Duterte for the government-sanctioned attacks on drug suspects. The program has been widely condemned by human rights groups around the world because extrajudicial killings have taken more than 6,000 lives without arrest or trial. In March, the program was criticized in the State Department’s annual human rights report, which referred to “apparent governmental disregard for human rights and due process.”

Mr. Trump had no such reservations. “I just wanted to congratulate you because I am hearing of the unbelievable job on the drug problem,” he said. “Many countries have the problem, we have a problem, but what a great job you are doing and I just wanted to call and tell you that.”
Will trump and sessions kill illegal weed users?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
i already said that at the top of the page and that the answer was yes

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
the weed made him forget

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

i wannna believe this very badly

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

right now it seems sessions is far more focused on rounding up and spreading fear about illegals. he demanded the NYPD arrest over 100 of them and get them ready for deportation, and to their credit, they refused, because explicit quotas are illegal as gently caress (they still have them but they try to be hush-hush about it)

nonetheless, anti-weed hysteria is still going to be on the agenda at some point

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Is legal weed dead yet?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Best Giraffe posted:

Is legal weed dead yet?
not yet, give it time

right, also forgot that sessions is really gung-ho on gangs while wrapping it up under the guise of xenophobia and racism

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

hell loving yeah he's going to try, Sessions is currently asking Congress to strip protections on medical marijuana providers so can lynch them or something

quote:

Attorney General Jeff Sessions is asking congressional leaders to undo federal medical-marijuana protections that have been in place since 2014, according to a May letter that became public Monday.

The protections, known as the Rohrabacher-Farr amendment, prohibit the Justice Department from using federal funds to prevent certain states "from implementing their own State laws that authorize the use, distribution, possession or cultivation of medical marijuana."

In his letter, first obtained by Tom Angell of Massroots.com and verified independently by The Washington Post, Sessions argued that the amendment would "inhibit [the Justice Department's] authority to enforce the Controlled Substances Act."

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

for a guy who probably says that the civil war was about state's rights, sessions sure is using his position as AG to ensure heavy handed federal supremacy

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
He only likes heavy handed federal supremacy when it's used to subjugate coloreds.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

ScrubLeague posted:

He only likes heavy handed federal supremacy when it's used to subjugate coloreds.
the hard right isn't hypocritical because they run on spite, and they'll go with whatever path is better at loving over people better

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

C. Everett Koop posted:

i already said that at the top of the page and that the answer was yes

You said legal weed users. There ain't no such thing :clint:

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

for a guy who probably says that the civil war was about state's rights, sessions sure is using his position as AG to ensure heavy handed federal supremacy

This is also about the same thing as the civil war: the right to force black people into a life of hard labor for the profit of demonic elves and other members of the southern aristocracy.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

u can call me buddy jingletokes :2bong:

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

this thread doesn't get bumped enough

cause Sessions is gearing up to KILL LEGAL WEED NEXT WEEK

click here for the gory deets

quote:

Trump's DOJ gears up for crackdown on marijuana

The Trump administration is readying for a crackdown on marijuana users under Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

President Trump’s Task Force on Crime Reduction and Public Safety, led by Sessions, is expected to release a report next week that criminal justice reform advocates fear will link marijuana to violent crime and recommend tougher sentences for those caught growing, selling and smoking the plant.

On Wednesday, Sessions reportedly re-established a controversial criminal asset seizure program ahead of the committee’s recommendations.

Local law enforcement leaders say a crackdown appears to be next, though they argue there’s no need for it.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
when weed is outlawed only outlaws will smoke weed

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

this thread doesn't get bumped enough

cause Sessions is gearing up to KILL LEGAL WEED NEXT WEEK

click here for the gory deets
with sessions on thin ice with trump, it's truly a race against time

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

with sessions on thin ice with trump, it's truly a race against time

Why wouldn't Trump just replace Sessions with some other subhuman degenerate and continue down the same path

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
If even if he wasn't currently being drummed out, he would have only gotten so far. Shutting down dispensaries might raise prices, but it would really stop most smokers from smoking.

Weed doesn't have to be legal anyway. The decriminalization states are doing right in my opinion. And cops enforcing drug laws in a racist way has always and will always happen, if you don't like it you should blame your mayor not the President or the Attorney General.

And gently caress Tom Brady.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

call to action posted:

Why wouldn't Trump just replace Sessions with some other subhuman degenerate and continue down the same path

realtalk, who would take the job at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

breaklaw posted:

Weed doesn't have to be legal anyway. The decriminalization states are doing right in my opinion. And cops enforcing drug laws in a racist way has always and will always happen, if you don't like it you should blame your mayor not the President or the Attorney General.

this is an extremely bad and dumb opinion, like one of the worst ones i've ever read

you do know that in the decrim states weed is an "arrest this black/latino person for free" card right? decrim is bullshit, its the war on drugs for everybody except upper class white people

Legalize It

• Locked thread