Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Problem description: Startup repair begins whenever I power on computer. It never finds a problem and will never finish running. If I skip the repair the computer boots up fine and has done for years, I'm just sick of it now. Is there something I can do to stop it and precent it from trying again after or during the repair process. Thank you.

Attempted fixes: Tried letting it run its course to no avail.

Recent changes: No, started so long ago I can't remember how if did.
--

Operating system: e.g. Windows 7 32-bit

System specs: 2500K Intel processor, 8 gb RAM, 248gb SSD, 1tb hardrive, Nvidia 960

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Have you run chkdsk on the HDD? I assume the SSD is being used as the boot drive, right?

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Nah, ssd just for games. Hard drive is on its last legs but that was quite a recent development and I'm serious when I say this started years ago. I'm changing hard drives tomorrow so I'll let you know.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Olewithmilk posted:

It never finds a problem and will never finish running.

What's the longest you've let it run? Sometimes you literally have to let that thing run for a few days if you have a large HD. Yes, it's annoying.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

It's a big hard drive full of poo poo so that could be it. I've cloned it, but not booted the new one yet. Was going to do it last night but got too drunk.

• Locked thread