Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Essential
Aug 14, 2003

SamEyeAm posted:

there may be hope yet...

Something official or emulated?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sixfools
Aug 27, 2005

You be the Moon,
I'll be the Earth
And when we burst
Start over, oh, darling
The emulation groups are getting a crazy amount done.

There was a stress test last night on one of the emu servers, bunch of naked chars running around blowing each other up with aerfalles staff. Looked fun as hell.

Essential
Aug 14, 2003

Sixfools posted:

The emulation groups are getting a crazy amount done.

There was a stress test last night on one of the emu servers, bunch of naked chars running around blowing each other up with aerfalles staff. Looked fun as hell.

Yeah I was on Peas server helping with the stress test. It was fun but still has a long ways to go. Definitely cool to see the progress.

evelyn87
Mar 20, 2009

We all can be only who we are, nothing more, no less.
Just let it die. At best the private servers crack the rose-colored glasses and memories of once was.

There's better poo poo out there.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Has there been anything new? I want to play this now dead game that I had years to play previously but never did.

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
2 emulators that are getting better everyday and a community dedicated to their success. And a remote possibility that a third party will acquire the rights to the game from Warner Bros.

RndmCnflct
Oct 27, 2004

How to play:

http://aka-steve.com/downloads/

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Oh poo poo im getting in on this

Got wrecked by a creeper mosswart

Despera fucked around with this message at 07:42 on May 24, 2017

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

quote:

April 21st, 2015

:thunk:

RndmCnflct
Oct 27, 2004

It's still current. That site just hasn't been updated. Pretty close to real AC but not quite there yet.

http://www.phatac.com/?s=features

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009
Are they doing end of game era ac or trying to do an older nostalgic version of the game?

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010
I've been playing PhatAC on Megaduck for about a week.

Its like a 2008 version, pre-TOD. (no Void, no Summoning, no Sanamar, 3 week quest timers, old lower quest xp, no rending weapons, no crit blow,)

You stark L1 naked, no weapons, with 10,000p.

Bunnies and Cows aggro.

Also no loot except trophies, makes it interesting, you end up selling 30p items, to buy potions, and have to get quest weapons.

Town Criers are L7 Insta 1hr Buff Bots (3 school, weapon buffs applies to all weapons, even if not weilded).

Missile works pretty good, feels a little sluggish, and stops some times, but not bad. Does not burn ammo, but uses all the types, and it seems the same.

Magic does not need foci, does not burn comps (just carry a scarab for each).

Melee Def is godly - it does not burn Stamina, so you can stand in middle of a room without a care.

Mob AI has shorter aggro range, and also mixed mob types will charge together if close.

One doesn't seem to get blocked by mobs in dungeons. If you run against them, they shift around and you can get through.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's more like 2005, but on a 2016 landscape. Pretty screwed up. Still plenty to do. It's super simple to make multiple accounts, make yourself an army. I'm having tons of nostalgia fun. Only thing in the game is rare drops and most quests that existed up to that point. There's portal bots and everything going I highly recommend if you were a formerly obsessed like myself. Oh, all daggers atm are finesse, swords are heavy, everything else is light, regardless of what they're supposed to be. Spells on items don't work, but there's tons of other bugs and it's overall easier than when the game was working correctly.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Still patiently holding out for a private server that is exactly like Asheron's Call the moment it shut down.

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010
Dispells gems don't work also, they are from before 2004. (No dispell spells, since scrolls from steel chests, and no steel chests).

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Thursday Next posted:

Yeah, that's the real sad thing about it. Everything these days is catalogued, and there's no more hidden poo poo to find. Being one of the first ones to see content, and have no idea what was going on, was wonderful. There's no game that will do that ever again, though, thanks to the wonder of wiki.

Eve online has the drifter stuff which is still unsolved iirc but lol eve

straller
Dec 17, 2013
Will always remember the times on the dual core playing AC. The grind was like nothing ever before....until the next mmo came out.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

The sound effects in this game are burned into my memory. I still hear the screams of monsters and the gentle soothing wind chimes, and the chop of swords. Good memories of my first MMO. I honestly can't hear a wind chime without thinking of it to this day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sixfools
Aug 27, 2005

You be the Moon,
I'll be the Earth
And when we burst
Start over, oh, darling

I said come in! posted:

Still patiently holding out for a private server that is exactly like Asheron's Call the moment it shut down.

Same, they are getting closer by the day though. I have so many unfinished quests to do. I love pre ToD as well but I want to play the stuff I didn't get to do. Hopefully we get close to 100% quests working, I think they were able to get Belas working for augs recently if facebook is anything to go by. The FB groups are a great source for info btw if anyone has not joined them, Namely "Save AC" and the discords of the respective emus as well are worth a mention.

• Locked thread