Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

The Leck posted:

So, what is this?

Dying Light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

OMG just 4 hours left.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
For those that asked about good co-op games during the sale, I forgot to mention Renegade Ops. It's a twin stick shooter where you can choose between tank or normal driving mode, yet only one option for things exploding - everything. I played this with quite a few goons years ago and had a blast. The base game isn't on sale, but the complete edition is. I assume they did it that way so people don't pick up the base content on accident.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
I'm going back and forth on getting the steam controller and link, anyone have words on that? Been looking at the reviews and since I'm looking to play a lot of turn based games from the comfort of my couch I figure it meets my needs. I like shooters but I can switch back to mouse + keyboard.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Benagain posted:

I'm going back and forth on getting the steam controller and link, anyone have words on that? Been looking at the reviews and since I'm looking to play a lot of turn based games from the comfort of my couch I figure it meets my needs. I like shooters but I can switch back to mouse + keyboard.

I have the link and love it. I get hiccups from time to time (which was awful when playing Hyper Light Drifter), but I use TP Link Ethernet over power so I think it was due to big influxes of power like the furnace kicking in and such. You should have zero issues with turn based games, even if you had to use wireless. It was especially handy to toss up Quiplash and Drawful 2 on the upstairs TV for NYE guests the other night. Worth it for that alone.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Benagain posted:

The link is great, I'm not convinced by the Steam controller though. I know they're trying to give you some form of M&KB support with the touchpads and all but I just find it compromises the rest of the controller too much. I keep finding that I won't be bothered to play M&KB based games over the link because it's not a great experience, which then means I might as well be using either XBox or PS controller as I think they're better than the Steam one.

Plastic Goldbaby
Sep 8, 2010

Purple horseshoes?
Sure, if they be nailed to a golden horse.

Benagain posted:

Can't comment on the link but I love the steam controller after cutting my teeth on it. And you do have to cut your teeth. I kind of hated the thing at first but I also started using it in Rocket League after playing that for months with an xbox controller. For the smoothest learning curve possible I would suggest using it to play a third person game you haven't played before. Eventually it becomes second nature and I now prefer it over the xbox and ps4 controllers.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Edit: nm

Found my answer.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jan 2, 2017

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

succ posted:

How is Orwell? I've heard it's super linear and I could watch a Let's Play of it and get a similar effect.

There are branching bits within the story but they tend to impact character flavor more than anything else. Otherwise it's pretty linear until the end chapter. It's also super short, and I thought the ending was disappointing.

The Lowdog
Dec 14, 2012

Plastic Goldbaby posted:

Can't comment on the link but I love the steam controller after cutting my teeth on it. And you do have to cut your teeth. I kind of hated the thing at first but I also started using it in Rocket League after playing that for months with an xbox controller. For the smoothest learning curve possible I would suggest using it to play a third person game you haven't played before. Eventually it becomes second nature and I now prefer it over the xbox and ps4 controllers.

I actually got a steam controller for Christmas and am still in the process of getting used to it; any third person games in particular you would recommend that I pick up during the final hours of the sale?

Also my top picks from the sale thus far are Superhot and Stardew Valley (which I have been playing with the controller to great effect). Superhot wasn't all that long, but I enjoyed everything about it. The art style was sweet, and the fact that they did something that was actually new and fun with bullet time made it a standout. Stardew valley seems like the kind of game I will inadvertently sink hundreds of hours into (and I am okay with that).

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Having more or less sat out this sale due to spending far too much on presents for family this year, I'm thinking about picking up maybe one purchase in these last couple of hours. Someone was talking up the black watchmen, but how does the game hold up now the live activities from the first couple of season have died out?

I'm torn between it and Sherlock: Crime and Punishment.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
edit: woops, wrong thread

Zephro fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jan 2, 2017

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

If anyone's doing any last minute card trading, I still need 3 and 4. I've also got several each of 2, 5, and 8 if anyone needs them.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Chuck_Steak/

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Zephro posted:

Did the performance issues with Dishonoured 2 get fixed? I loved the first one but I'm rocking an old i5-2500k and a 1060 and am worried about how well it's going to run.

If you're playing at 1080p, it probably won't run too well, especially since lowering the graphic options doesn't have a major impact on the frame rate. I built a new computer recently and while I get 60fps steady, there's still some annoying micro stutter that I don't think will ever get fixed, as I imagine it's due to something too tied into the engine to easily deal with.

The game also has already had a big price drop and I'd be surprised if it's not 50% off in two months. Just wait until the price is right to take a chance on it.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I've been playing Black Mesa on the steam controller and I think it's pretty great. Mind you, I am playing on easy.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I never put DLC on my wishlist. Any highly touted DLCs I should actually buy?

I already own everything for TW3, all the CK2 DLCs, and all DLC for EUIV except the latest.

All I can come up with are tables for Pinball Arcade and some songs for Rocksmith.

e: Obviously this is open to the "Well what do you own?" question. A lot of things so shots in the dark may still hit something.

Plastic Goldbaby
Sep 8, 2010

Purple horseshoes?
Sure, if they be nailed to a golden horse.

The Lowdog posted:

I actually got a steam controller for Christmas and am still in the process of getting used to it; any third person games in particular you would recommend that I pick up during the final hours of the sale?

If you are looking for value then Tomb Raider (2013) and any of the Batman Arkham games are all really cheap right now.

If you don't mind dropping $20-30 then The Witcher 3 (dlc is worth it) is my favorite game ever, and Grand Theft Auto V is also great.

Plastic Goldbaby fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jan 2, 2017

The Lowdog
Dec 14, 2012

Plastic Goldbaby posted:

If you are looking for value then Tomb Raider (2013) and any of the Batman Arkham games are all really cheap right now.

If you don't mind dropping $20-30 then The Witcher 3 (dlc is worth it) is my favorite game ever, and Grand Theft Auto V is also great.

Oh poo poo, I actually already have Witcher 3 and GTA V. Thanks, I'll be sure to reinstall them and check them out with the steam controller.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
At the very last minute I decided to purchase Spec Ops: The Line, the Season Pass for Arkham Knight (the game does run smoothly for me), and Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens Deluxe Edition.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

The DLC for Race the Sun is pretty and a nice change from the main game.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Dishonored, every Civ game except maybe beyond earth, likewise for paradox games, new vegas and skyrim on the bethesda front, xcom (ew for 1 is good, read up on alien hunters for xcom2), we would kind of need a decent list of games you're looking to sink more time into to be actually helpful here.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Well the good news is that I already owned all the stuff you listed! And the sale's over!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Sale over! See you in the summer!

• Locked thread