Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Santa is real you morons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spotix55
Jun 6, 2014

Dr Cheeto posted:

Santa is real you morons

did you know you aren't real

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
My dad says I'm real :smug:

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Real tight

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Santa is easy. The real trick is getting your kids to believe in Ayn Rand.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
"Mom, the tooth fairy forgot to leave a quarter for my tooth like you said she would."
"poo poo."
It's been all downhill since then.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

If your kids ever say he's not real, beat them bloody until they believe.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

if you have a kid it means you have hosed so you're already a bad person

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

One time we played this bit on our kids where my wife was driving them down the road to our house in the dark of night and I, dressed as santa carrying a bag of gifts, strolled across the road right in time to get hit by their car. It was like a 5mph love tap and as planned I dropped the bag of gifts for them to scavenge as I ran off into the woods. It kind of back fired when my five year old daughter started crying because she thought she'd killed santa.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
why do we make our kids believe these lies

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Blind Rasputin posted:

One time we played this bit on our kids where my wife was driving them down the road to our house in the dark of night and I, dressed as santa carrying a bag of gifts, strolled across the road right in time to get hit by their car. It was like a 5mph love tap and as planned I dropped the bag of gifts for them to scavenge as I ran off into the woods. It kind of back fired when my five year old daughter started crying because she thought she'd killed santa.

Lol

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

504 posted:

Real tight

:chloe:

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007
stop having kids you goonny fucks

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I slip the mall Santa a torn half of a $50 bill and an amiibo and tell him,

"I'm going to be back in this line in 30 minutes with my kid. If you want to see the other half of this $50, you will greet him as 'Timmy' the moment you see him before he says a word. You will ask if him he and his dog "Alfie" are enjoying the snow. You WILL talk about all the good things you've heard about him this year. You will pull this amiibo figure from your sack and say, "I was going to give this to you next week, but how about you just take it now. My elves hear it's your favorite" You will take your photo and if he looks satisfied, when I come up to get him I will hand you the other half of this $50... If you cross me on this, Santa, there will be no place on Earth your reindeer or blue Ford Focus with the dented door in the parking lot in section G can hide you from me..."

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I tell them Santa is the only thing protecting them from forums user "nomadologique". That's more than enough motivation.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I think the important thing is to control what they see and hear and keep Santa in their hearts and minds all year long.

When they're getting ready to start school, tell them, "The other kids, they don't really believe in Santa and that's why he never comes to them. The world knows only a fake Santa, and the real one exists only for a few of us. You can never tell ANYONE that we still get the real Santa visiting us because they'll all be so jealous that they'll do anything to destroy him because they can't stand the idea that he's still coming to people who aren't them. Do you understand? We're the last of protectors of the line of Santa's faithful and if anyone should discover we know about him, they'll destroy him. Then they'll come after us and force us to reveal his secret identity, where the secret location of the North Pole workshop is and kill us all if we don't reveal it to them. Don't worry, when you're 13 and have proven your loyalty and faith to the Saint, you too shall see his workshop and finally meet him. You see, the Christians and the Athiests, they're both united in killing Santa because he is the last source of true magic in the world, but he's only one man and he has many enemies."

Then one day, when I just get sick of this, I'll come storming in the house and grab them and start screaming about how, "They've killed Santa!!! WHO DID YOU TELL!? YOU DID YOU TELL!? Santa's dead and they're coming for us! Pack your poo poo! Pack all your poo poo and wait in the car! No! Not yet! Just get together all your toys from Santa! Put everything Santa ever gave you in this garbage bag, I've got to burn all of it because if they come here and find them they'll know we're all Clausians and we're all dead! While you do that, I gotta make some phone calls to find out if we have to leave town!"

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
lol

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

I remember when I first realised that people paid kids to be adorable, that that's usually the reason why they exist in the first place, to be at best a sort of a quasi-sentient toy. I can't really internalise the psychopathy required, though.

So yeah I pretended Santa was real so the presents didn't stop, all the way until moving out of home. It turned out to be an important life lesson. Everyone needs to learn how to whore.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

chaosbreather posted:

I remember when I first realised that people paid kids to be adorable, that that's usually the reason why they exist in the first place, to be at best a sort of a quasi-sentient toy. I can't really internalise the psychopathy required, though.

So yeah I pretended Santa was real so the presents didn't stop, all the way until moving out of home. It turned out to be an important life lesson. Everyone needs to learn how to whore.

god drat breeders and their biological imperatives

ps op I have no idea, i bailed before they learned how to talk. what am i some kinda doofis

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
It's simple. You tell them that kids that don't believe in santa don't get presents. They can choose to believe what they want and see how it works out for them. One year without presents will have them believing so hard.

butterbar
Dec 14, 2016
If I'm posting while Quick Draw McGraw is on probation report me for my permaban!

Zzulu posted:

why do we make our kids believe these lies

It's a valuable lesson to children that their parents are not gods but humans and also to trust noone

Alternatively, it's to teach that parents often lie to children for their own good

Or it's a dominance play to demonstrate to your children just how easily you can dunk on them and how all of society will support you doing it

butterbar fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Dec 27, 2016

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
why are you trying to trick children OP? are you some kind of pedo??? 'ooh don't be afraid the big fat goon sneaking into your house is just giving gifts!'

sicko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Dave_Indeed posted:

I'm sitting here watching Christmas Mass, getting drunk and high as gently caress, wondering how all of the good and correct Christian holiday observers trick their idiot children into believing Santa Clause is real?

Do they just go to bed and not think twice of the fact that you and your wife are up late moving poo poo around downstairs and yelling at them every time they come out to use the bathroom or get some water or whatever? How do you keep them out? Do you tell your kids not to come downstairs because you're butt loving by the fireplace, or some other stupid bullshit?

How do you fool the morons you have sired?

Large doses of LSD the morning of Christmas and I dress up. The idiots are so loving geeked out they don't know what's real.

• Locked thread