Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I'm gonna be taking a few 10+ hour flights between now and new years, was wondering if anyone has any good recs for offline games with low system requirements (macbook air) that don't need a mouse to play reasonably well

stuff like Binding of Isaac, Darkest Dungeon, FTL, that sorta thing

if anyone has really good offline iOS games that'd also fit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Downwell is pretty cool, won't take up a whole lot of time on it's own but it's pretty engaging.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Crawl and D**mRL op.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Shadowrun HK and DF are great games that are low system requirement

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

Crawl and D**mRL op.

crawl looks really cool but I assumed it was only really fun with multiplayer, i'll check it out and the doom one looks cool

frank.club posted:

Shadowrun HK and DF are great games that are low system requirement

I played shadowrun returns and thought it was just ok, are the expansions better?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I played shadowrun returns and thought it was just ok, are the expansions better?

I haven't played HK yet and I'm only part way through Dragonfall but I like it a lot better than Returns so far. There's more options in combat though the mechanics are basically the same and the story's more engaging in large part because your companions are actual companions with storylines and dialogue and personalities and stuff instead of random nobodies you hire before each mission.

I also thought Returns was just kinda okay, for what it's worth

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
KOTOR

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

crawl looks really cool but I assumed it was only really fun with multiplayer, i'll check it out and the doom one looks cool

i think he means dungeon crawl.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I didn't play returns but the other two are some of my favorite rpgs.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
King of Dragon Pass is really good on iOS. Dream Quest is a great roguelike with deckbuilding elements , I think that ones on steam now too though.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Clicker Heroes.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh forgot king of dragon pass that game is freaking sweet

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The Human Machine and uhhh there's another similar game that are cool. [Sequence] it might be called.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's "the Sequence".

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

shadowrun, dragon pass, and the sequence all seem extremely my poo poo and they're on mad sale so thanks for the suggestions

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Even though the port is by DotEmu, he iOS version of Neo Turf Masters is still extremely win for quick gaming sessions or when you want a lighter gaming experience

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

secnding that dragonfall and hong kong are way better thn returns, dragonfall is one of my favorite rpgs ever

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Shadowrun update: Dragonfall was awesome, way better than I expected, and just started Hong Kong which really throws you into the action

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Spelunky plays well on a keyboard, that's my preferred method.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
emulate a jrpg

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I doubt any1 on this subforum needs it recommended to them but I played a couple levels of Shovel Knight on my laptop during a recent train ride & that worked super well.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I got a game called Reigns that's pretty fun.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I have Dragon Quest I on my phone, and it plays really well, so I would recommend that, or any of the Dragon Quest games on mobile really.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the new online implementation of Dominion is apparently pretty good, and should run on anything that can run a web browser. only 3 bucks a month, too.

insomne
Nov 26, 2007

unrestrained rhythms.
i usually play a lot of rimworld while on flights. also civ (any of them are good).

edit: not sure if rimworld would run on your rig but it runs on my lovely 5 year old laptop just fine

insomne fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jan 8, 2017

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

insomne posted:

edit: not sure if rimworld would run on your rig but it runs on my lovely 5 year old laptop just fine

lemme tell you bout my 1.6Ghz processor

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Sunless Sea is good because when you play it at home you get mad at it for wasting your time but on a long flight you can chill and take in the mood and music

the Sorcery! games are all out on Steam now I think and they're brilliant

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

PleasingFungus posted:

i think he means dungeon crawl.

This is a really good recommendation but probably learn to play before you go as it's a bit opaque to start with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
super platform puzzler is a thing i picked up in the steam sale, and it's pretty awesome for travel gaming. not sure if it's available for a mac or not.

you control a guy with a blaster who shoots blocks that fall from the sky. typical puzzle game rules, where any block you destroy also destroys chains of the same color. as you play, you also unlock traps that fall down, shooting at you, or creating spiked floors, or exploding on contact. you have to set up chains of blocks to earn points to upgrade your gun and get mile marker crystals, while also avoiding dying. i think it's like 4 dollars or something, so i'd definitely recommend it.

• Locked thread