Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terper
Jun 26, 2012

There was a Love Hina dating sim on newgrounds back in the day and that's the extent of my knowledge of LH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think a show can have female characters without expecting the audience to get off to them. hot take.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also ken akamatsu is good and under my protection, but negima is his real masterpiece because it ends with a lesbian wedding

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I read like 100 chapters of negima and it sucked but also I'm happy for them

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Endorph posted:

also ken akamatsu is good and under my protection, but negima is his real masterpiece because it ends with a lesbian wedding

uq holder has their kids, which is also a good

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Terper posted:

There was a Love Hina dating sim on newgrounds back in the day and that's the extent of my knowledge of LH

it's the only love hina media anybody needs to consume

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Cake Attack posted:

I read like 100 chapters of negima and it sucked but also I'm happy for them

I read the first couple chapters of negima based on a recommendation from here and it was one of the worst things I've ever read

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I realize this isn't really a thing to inspire confidence, but yeah, Negima doesn't even begin to get decent until somewhere in the 3rd volume, I think. Good action later on, though. That said, the stuff in the beginning doesn't ever really go away, it just moves more to the background and to occasional one-off chapters.

The Love Hina manga is absolutely better than the anime. It's a pretty good fanservicey harem with more progression than most and a decent ending. With that + a modest length (12? 14? volumes), I'd definitely recommend it to someone after harem antics.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Love Hina's got some good outfits, too.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I like both of them ultimately, but both Negima and UQ Holder have fairly large stretches that are just straight up real bad. Ken Akamatsu is very feast or famine.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

I like both of them ultimately, but both Negima and UQ Holder have fairly large stretches that are just straight up real bad. Ken Akamatsu is very feast or famine.

This is very true.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Love Hina (Not)

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Cake Attack posted:

It's kind of a silly conversation honestly but like in something like love Hina only two of the girls are actually into the main dude but it's like a protypical harem

I don't know how the manga went but I definitely remember everyone having some sort of crush on him by the end in the anime

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Knorth posted:

I don't know how the manga went but I definitely remember everyone having some sort of crush on him by the end in the anime

Towards the end of the manga literally every girl is willing to marry him.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

hell,

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

my knowledge of negima is "after love hina, ken wanted to make an action manga, but he was strongarmed into making another harem manga instead. so he made a harem manga that he gradually shifted into an awesome action manga."

i haven't touched it since high school, but i do remember the action being pretty good once it finally got to it.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Knorth posted:

Not really? Of the 6 girls, there are Mutsumi and Narusegawa who are "serious contenders", then Shinobu who's experiencing a sort of crush. Motoko, Su and Mitsune never really figured into any sort of "romantic" (even if you consider Shinobu's crush romantic, while it was played off as entirely unrequited, at least in the anime) plotline.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Kytrarewn posted:

Not really? Of the 6 girls, there are Mutsumi and Narusegawa who are "serious contenders", then Shinobu who's experiencing a sort of crush. Motoko, Su and Mitsune never really figured into any sort of "romantic" (even if you consider Shinobu's crush romantic, while it was played off as entirely unrequited, at least in the anime) plotline.

It's been a long time and I never read the later stuff, but I thought Motoko did have something for him. Or maybe I'm just remembering she was supposed to be Akamatsu's favorite or something.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Paracelsus posted:

It's been a long time and I never read the later stuff, but I thought Motoko did have something for him. Or maybe I'm just remembering she was supposed to be Akamatsu's favorite or something.

She had it for him pretty bad by the end, though by that point he was already solidly with Naru. As I remember Mutsumi was effectively out of the running pretty early on, at least inasmuch as anyone but Naru was ever a real consideration.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Haifuri / High School Fleet was really disappointing. Total wasted potential to be fun and cool like Girls und Panzer.
Usakame was underwhelming after Teekyu.
Schwarzesmarken: I watched a few episodes because it looked really bad. It delivered on that front. Then I completely forgot about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Big thanks to dogsicle for the list.
Big thanks to anacondahl for counting the votes
And.....YOU

See y'all next year.

• Locked thread