Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Zzulu posted:

Also it's called "the oa" which is her name, so

It might be a title that gets passed on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geforce
Nov 19, 2014

You may be cooler than me IRL, but I have crippling anxietyTM
:parrot:

Phylodox posted:

It might be a title that gets passed on.

Would be a bit ironical since it means the "original angel"

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

geforce posted:

Nah, it could mean something different every season.

Like, in season 2, Steve starts calling himself The OA. But instead of meaning Original Angel, it now stands for Overwhelming Arsehole.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
Season 2 coming? Good news! There are too many TV series where 90% simply love or hate a show. The OA seem to polarize like very few Shows in the last years, and I think this is great.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

geforce posted:

That's just smoke up your rear end. It's about immortality.

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

I mean, if the OA isn't actually about the scientific exploration of extra dimensions and the hosed up genius that goes with it then this show is loving retarded. If that was the case the only way it would be good if every single cast member got killed in the shooting that was magnificently 'foreshadowed' by random loving noises for 5 seconds every other episode. If everything can be taken at face value the only problem is they forgot to include an ending and also forgot how to write for the last 2 episodes, but if it's just a bait and switch and OA is just an autistic liar then this series loving suuuuccckkkss

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
After having trouble finishing the first 2 eps, I got hooked and binged the last 6. I remember pausing 20 minutes from the end, as Alphonso was sneaking into OA's house, and I thought, "How can they wrap up a season or a show in 20 minutes from this point?" Not a good sign.

I also thought the dance moves would somehow train them to fight off the attacker like Mr. Miyagi taught Daniel-san to wax-on-wax-off karate moves.

Apparently there are a bunch of braille clues littered throughout the show suggesting Rachel is an FBI agent or Prairie is actually German or something, but I don't have time in my life any more to scour message boards for screenshots of key clues about possible conspiracies.

I'll probably watch the next season and I'll probably roll my eyes at that ending too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knees of putty
Apr 2, 2009

gottle o' gear!
I found this entertaining. Some great acting too - Jason Isaacs and the guy acting Sean were great.

Not sure I'd like to watch another season of it, though I guess I'd like to know what the hell the FBI agent was doing in the house as it seems a bit unlikely he was planting books.

• Locked thread