Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

hamjobs posted:

cool good things about resolutions that you make are that they might make you figure out that what you thought you wanted wasn't what you wanted at all! and also that it's okay to want different things!

neat!

what? my resolutions just show how bad i am at life and make me think how good it will be to die. im a fukken loser tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

what? my resolutions just show how bad i am at life and make me think how good it will be to die. im a fukken loser tho

hush

i'm not tearing my resolutions up but in the end I'm going to be better off than before I started and I'm going to count that as a win

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
depression is stronger than any resolution i could make or any other part of me
it will always win
its the only thing about me that doesnt scream loser :unsmith:

FluffieDuckie

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

it will always win

Are you under the care of a physician?

byob historian

FluffieDuckie posted:

Are you under the care of a physician?

the only affordable mental healthcare around here wont help me and i dont have any insurance or anything :)

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
no joke i literally beat my 10/10 level depression over the course of exactly the last year through SSRIs and getting a job. but i had obamacare and was lucky i managed to get a degree at a 4 year. but i cant push psych meds on any1

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

it will always win

bebop god dang it to h*ck, you are my friend and ilu because of it, but you frustrate me sometimes, bub. i don't think you're a loser or i wouldn't fuckin' talk to you so much, and people wouldn't ask where you were all the dang time.

if you wanna talk about it, you know i'm here, and you always know where to find me (and who can). come hang out, we'll bitch about music and talk about mental health.

shabbat goy

Finished one of my resolutions today - I got my motorcycle license! Passed the test on a tiny little Honda Grom which was awesome. I kinda wanna buy one now...

FluffieDuckie

shabbat goy posted:

Finished one of my resolutions today - I got my motorcycle license! Passed the test on a tiny little Honda Grom which was awesome. I kinda wanna buy one now...

:peanut:

byob historian

i maded a playlist

FluffieDuckie

Second to last updates due!

FluffieDuckie fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Mar 27, 2017

FluffieDuckie

It's april - we did it!

post below to give a short summary of your progress and to claim your tag.

I'll go first:

I had 3 goals:

(1) using my fitness pal to track my eating to get it under control
(2) exercise 3 days a week
(3) get a job (volunteer or paid) to give me something positive to work on

We're going to call numbers 2 and 3 accomplished. I struggled with number 1 and found that the tracking was causing more problems than it was solving. So I shifted to just focusing on healthy eating and I'm doing significantly better than I was at the beginning of the year, so I'm going to call this one "improved"

Overall at the end of the 3 months I'm significantly healthier and happier than when we started so I'm going to call this a win. Please duckie give me my tag.

alnilam

I'd like a tag please :d:

FluffieDuckie

alnilam posted:

I'd like a tag please :d:

Dude, the format

death sext

my resolutions were:

1. remove meat from my diet
2. adopt a regular yoga routine
3. exercise

Overall I'm calling my goals a success. Through the journey I hit some stumbling blocks and made some tweaks, but I've come out the other side still doing all three things.

My intended vegetarianism has become more of a pescatarian thing, but I'm not going to worry about labels. Definitely going to continue. I nixed evening yoga because it just wasn't what I was looking for, but morning yoga is still in and puts me in a better space for the rest of the day. I love my exercise bike. I've lost some weight. I have more energy and stamina.

Thanks for the accountability. Most successful resolution year ever.

FluffieDuckie

death sext posted:

my resolutions were:

1. remove meat from my diet
2. adopt a regular yoga routine
3. exercise

Overall I'm calling my goals a success. Through the journey I hit some stumbling blocks and made some tweaks, but I've come out the other side still doing all three things.

My intended vegetarianism has become more of a pescatarian thing, but I'm not going to worry about labels. Definitely going to continue. I nixed evening yoga because it just wasn't what I was looking for, but morning yoga is still in and puts me in a better space for the rest of the day. I love my exercise bike. I've lost some weight. I have more energy and stamina.

Thanks for the accountability. Most successful resolution year ever.

Yay!

byob historian

my goal was to stop eating mammals, except on pizza (or prime rib i guess if i hit the lottery) and to meditate , (which ive done in charlotte, homework permitting) and to record an EP this year. i dropped a mixtape last month and recorded a session with my band last week.

id say the first two goals are successes and the third im making steady progress towards

hope yall rockin hard this yer too

FluffieDuckie

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

my goal was to stop eating mammals, except on pizza (or prime rib i guess if i hit the lottery) and to meditate , (which ive done in charlotte, homework permitting) and to record an EP this year. i dropped a mixtape last month and recorded a session with my band last week.

id say the first two goals are successes and the third im making steady progress towards

hope yall rockin hard this yer too

Good job!

vanisher

I had a couple goals:

1. I wanted to get after and really do a good job with client contacts via calls and hand written notes
2. I wanted to get back on my bike

I did pretty good with the first goal. I had a log that I kept and I mailed out a bunch of cards (avg about 2-3 per day), and I had some great client contact (a little slip mid way though). My second goal was a real challenge. After child care challenges on the weekend (when I'd normally ride) I decided to just do some spinning at our office gym. I think I made it about 6 times, which is better than no times. I had some real challenges as we started paying for daycare late feb. As we round out early April I think I'll be able to realistically get back out again, at least Monday evenings to the gym!

Thanks FD for the awesome thread and for demanding updates each week. It helped me refocus!

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I had 2 goals:

1. I'm going to change my business name and get registered appropriately for a business license under new name. This allows greater credibility and flexibility in branding and also gives me a wider customer base just by appeal. Goal date: March 1st, highly flexible. Goal Met: 31 January 2017

2. I'm going to start processing conflict (especially perceived outside aggression/verbal and physical aggression by outside parties) and better via therapy, even if it's just doing the goddamned CBT workbook with the DBT modifications myself again. I know group therapy is difficult and uncomfortable and I have a tendency to downplay my problems into outright lying about them ("everything is fine!") and then I bottle things up, implode, explode, and dissolve. This is untenable, so gently caress that. Goal to find an initial therapist (not outright lifetime committed obviously) by March 31st.

I met both of my goals. Like, literally, the first one was the easiest bandaid rip off once I started the process. It was just terrifying to have to shut down a business and restart, and it was a slog, but it was worth it. Relieved.

The second one is an ongoing process and a lot of upheaval is going on relationship wise but it's good. It's healthy, and it's a process, and I'm a lot happier and lot more engaged in my life than I was before when I was just being passive. I still let things just happen--leaf on a stream, etc.--but I know that I can actively drive my own responses to those things happening in a lot healthier way.

Please duckie give me my tag.

FluffieDuckie

I'm so proud of everyone

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Me too. I'm proud of all of you guys, and I'm proud of me, selfishly. You guys helped me a lot, just knowing that you guys were going to actually give a poo poo about my progress even if it was for a forum tag. And it worked. I am Pavlov's poster, and I'm glad of it.

death sext

Even when things sucked, this thread made me try.

thanks thread. thanks duckie

treasure bear

FluffieDuckie posted:

I'm so proud of everyone

thank you, please can i have a medal for fortitude

man in the eyeball hat

Capture the opening of the portal that connects this earth of 3D to one earth of 4D or 5D. Going to the 5D.

My resolutions were to get better about working in my office, read a book a month, and work out three times a week.

I definitely put in the 30 hours a week in my office now, and I've got some sort of schedule down with that. I'm coming home and just claiming I'll work from home a lot less, and that's good.

Working out, I kept up with for a while then it dwindled. I'm getting back into running this week. I definitely can tell a difference when I'm working out, and it's important to me now that I do it. It really helps me to focus and burn off negative energy. I just wish I hadn't stopped doing it for a few weeks.

Reading I messed up. I read my book in January, but research + TAing really took on a lot of time in February when classes started. Partly this is just making excuses, and I need to buckle down and do it.

I had and still have IRL poo poo that's frequently keeping my up late and stealing all my emotional/physical energy. Unfortunately it might have to continue into the summer but should be good by this fall. If anything this thread kept me somewhat accountable and I did learn about myself through this. I want to work out more now, because it improves my mental state. I want to sort out the issues in my life so I can be more productive and do fulfilling things with my time.

Sorry for the vagueness, I know people on SA in real life or I'd be a bit more specific.

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

So I tried to meet my 500 miles resolution and am on track to at least finish it by July at the latest. Moving back in with my parents last week has changed my dog-walking path to be several miles longer, so that has helped. However to date I have only made it 373 miles of the intended 500, so I have failed.

FluffieDuckie

man in the eyeball hat posted:

My resolutions were to get better about working in my office, read a book a month, and work out three times a week.

I definitely put in the 30 hours a week in my office now, and I've got some sort of schedule down with that. I'm coming home and just claiming I'll work from home a lot less, and that's good.

Working out, I kept up with for a while then it dwindled. I'm getting back into running this week. I definitely can tell a difference when I'm working out, and it's important to me now that I do it. It really helps me to focus and burn off negative energy. I just wish I hadn't stopped doing it for a few weeks.

Reading I messed up. I read my book in January, but research + TAing really took on a lot of time in February when classes started. Partly this is just making excuses, and I need to buckle down and do it.

I had and still have IRL poo poo that's frequently keeping my up late and stealing all my emotional/physical energy. Unfortunately it might have to continue into the summer but should be good by this fall. If anything this thread kept me somewhat accountable and I did learn about myself through this. I want to work out more now, because it improves my mental state. I want to sort out the issues in my life so I can be more productive and do fulfilling things with my time.

Sorry for the vagueness, I know people on SA in real life or I'd be a bit more specific.

if you came out of this a better person you get a tag. it's all about process and it sounds like you made good progress.

and yeah, life tends to get in the way sometimes

FluffieDuckie

I Was The Fury posted:

So I tried to meet my 500 miles resolution and am on track to at least finish it by July at the latest. Moving back in with my parents last week has changed my dog-walking path to be several miles longer, so that has helped. However to date I have only made it 373 miles of the intended 500, so I have failed.

i disagree. how many miles would you have done if we hadn't done this resolution? and you haven't quit, so you get a tag whether you want one or not :colbert:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I Was The Fury posted:

you didn't fail, hon, you did a great job and we're proud of you!!!

seriously, you guys trying made me try, thank you.

Fuck My Ass
really pumped for everyone that followed through with his good jobv ya'll

Thank you, very nice I like. For the insanely win sig.

schmarson

MY DUDES

Hi! I originally had 2 goals: draw an hour a week and avoid alcohol.

On February 1st I changed my first goal to "draw 30 minutes a day" because I was surpassing that hour mark quite easily. Also added the goal of acquiring the 30-hr drawing certificate from the website I did gestures on and a goal to clean more. Was able to complete my drawing goals and stop drinking altogether, but struggled to motivate myself to clean up. Was able to give away old clothing and recycle last year's bottles that I had laying around everywhere, but that took weeks and it was difficult to dedicate time to clean.

Regardless, I had fun and I'm sure my liver can thank me for participating. Thanks for the thread!

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

I climbed a bunch of mountains and I'm going to climb more this summer!

I also didn't die so i basically aced it

shabbat goy

I vowed to practice Spanish a lot, get my motorcycle license, drink fewer beers, and go to the gym more often.

I have definitely not kept up with my Spanish, partially because life is busy and more because it's waaaay easier to just not do it. I still practice, but nowhere near as much as I should. I'm also not in contact with anyone who speaks Spanish, and my wife got sick of me saying Spanish stuf to her that she didn't understand.

I got my motorcycle license, and in fact it showed up today. Still no plans to actually buy a motorcycle.

I have been drinking less beer since this started. I haven't really quantified it in any way, but it feels like less.

I have kept up with the gym more-or-less. I stopped keeping a spreadsheet because I started lifting weights less often and doing fun stuff w/o numbers attached more often.

I'd say it was a pretty mediocre effort but I'm glad I got my motorcycle license and because of that I'm also too cool to actually care about any of my other failings.

MrWillsauce

I've been going to the gym a few times a week and eating a bunch but it's real caj it doesn't really have anything to do with the resolutions. pretty good tho

deep dish peat moss

I didn't finish the novel but I just submitted a piece I wrote for it in an attempt to obtain funding to start a non-profit working toward using medical & recreational marijuana as a substitute addiction for dependents with more serious addictions to reintegrate them into society so maybe it will work out :)

byob historian

deep dish peat moss posted:

I didn't finish the novel but I just submitted a piece I wrote for it in an attempt to obtain funding to start a non-profit working toward using medical & recreational marijuana as a substitute addiction for dependents with more serious addictions to reintegrate them into society so maybe it will work out :)

oh man

oh

man

that really uh

best of luck, i tried my best to do that with a real good friend last year but 2016 gonna 2016 :smith:

:rip: jim

liike, idk what to do to help but i wish you the very best of luck doing something so flican hard but i rly hope you succeedd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

tags have been queued for everyone but one person i messaged. let me know if yours doesn't show up or it's messed up or something

• Locked thread