Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

Welcome Back! I am a foolish fool.
Long Story Short: I was doing other things such as being distracted and graduating from college, as well as editing fatigue from trying to find the interesting bit in an hour and half of very similar short and boring lives before getting down to brass tacks and actually finishing editing the final video. It took so long without anyone posting the the first thread got locked due to inactivity.

However, I refuse to let this Let's Play be another casualty of 2016. So without further ado I have already uploaded the final episode and the unedited version will be uploaded in the next few days when I have several hours free to let it upload to Youtube without interuptions.

Happy New Year and Enjoy.

Honestly Mirror's Edge is one of my favorite games to play. As someone who is chronically incapable of finishing anything, this is one of the few games that I have finished. This is probably owed to the fact that it is actually a rather short game. In order to keep things interesting I will be playing the little known co-operative mode of Mirror's Edge. By that I mean that this is a challenge run where I will be playing with my friend SwordofKaz.

SwordofKaz posted:

And when he means challenge run, he means it’s going to be a challenge for me not to attempt to strangle my partner in this game.

What this boils down to is that I will be using solely the keyboard to play, while he will completely be in control of the mouse, putting him in charge of look direction and fighting, while I control the movement. This leads to chaos and confusion as we must learn to work together and increase our bond through the power of precision platforming (and friendship). It isn’t a 100% run, and it certainly won’t set any speed records. Just two guys shooting the poo poo while we try not to gently caress each other over too badly.

SwordofKaz posted:

We will, in fact, gently caress each other over very badly.

I should take this chance to assuage any suspicions based on my earlier comment that I am incapable of finishing anything. We have already finished all of the video recording a little more than six months ago.

SwordofKaz posted:

Unfortunately due to problems in the ‘real world’ we had to sit on all of our footage, however with the new installment of this game about to release, we figured this is the perfect time to kick ourselves in the pants and edit the footage we had. And by kick ourselves, I mean I force Aquasnake to edit all of it.

Being that we recorded this sometime last year, it will also be a relatively fresh experience for us as well and we’ll be glad to chat as we re-experience our antics. Last off, general thread guideline. Don’t feel the need to spoiler anything from the plot. The game is seven years old, the plot isn’t super deep, and last but most importantly I accidentally skip several cutscenes due to keyboard mashing, so feel free to talk about the plot.

Episode 1: Baby Steps
Episode 2: Breaking and Entering
Episode 3: Slip Sliding Down the Drain
Episode 4: Not All Who Wander Are Lost, But We Sure Are
Episode 5: Three Guys Walk into a Bar, and You Have to Burn the Rope
Episode 5.5: Trapped in the Not So Great Escape Room
Episode 6: After This Shopping Spree, We'll Never Look Back
Episode 7: Basically Incapable of Fight OR Flight
Episode 8: Stowing Away on the Wrong Luxury Cruise Liner
Episode 8.5: Mini-Boss: Try Using Your Head
Episode 9: Area Under Construction, Runners at Play
Episode 10: The Long Rising Action Before Being Riddled with Bullets
Episode 11: We Could Name the Last Episode 'Leap of Faith' Clever?
Episode 11+: 2 Guys, 1 Room, 5 Guns, 111 Deaths

Previous Thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3775454
(Link might break in transition to archive? Unsure.)

Aquasnake fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Mar 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

Episode 1: Baby Steps
Episode 2: Breaking and Entering
Episode 3: Slip Sliding Down the Drain
Episode 4: Not All Who Wander Are Lost, But We Sure Are
Episode 5: Three Guys Walk into a Bar, and You Have to Burn the Rope
Episode 5.5: Trapped in the Not So Great Escape Room
Episode 6: After This Shopping Spree, We'll Never Look Back
Episode 7: Basically Incapable of Fight OR Flight
Episode 8: Stowing Away on the Wrong Luxury Cruise Liner
Episode 8.5: Mini-Boss: Try Using Your Head
Episode 9: Area Under Construction, Runners at Play
Episode 10: The Long Rising Action Before Being Riddled with Bullets
Episode 11: We Could Name the Last Episode 'Leap of Faith' Clever?
Episode 11+: 2 Guys, 1 Room, 5 Guns, 111 Deaths

Previous Thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3775454
(Link might break in transition to archive? Unsure.)

Aquasnake fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jan 3, 2017

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Kind of a shame you resorted to guns at the end, but on the other hand there's no way I would have had the patience to do it without them. In fact, I pretty much immediately resorted to shooting people when I played, because redoing the same bit over and over again is bullshit. There should at least have been a checkpoint after the four servers were destroyed.

Speaking of which, I find it pretty amusing that even when you're nowhere near them they still destroy the first one almost immediately. Like, what are they going to do, not fire wildly into a room full of essential equipment?

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

Tiggum posted:

Speaking of which, I find it pretty amusing that even when you're nowhere near them they still destroy the first one almost immediately. Like, what are they going to do, not fire wildly into a room full of essential equipment?

The enemies in this game/room have incredibly terrible aim, except when they incredibly don't. Mirror's Edge Catalyst makes this an actual game mechanic.

Episode 11+: 2 Guys, 1 Room, 5 Guns, 111 Deaths.
With this video I believe this officially finishes this LP.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you do to deserve your Red Text avatar?

Also since we are now finished with this one I'll mention that me and SwordofKaz intend to start a Blind LP of Moon Hunters which is some sort of Cooperative Personality Test somehow? (Very Blind). We will probably hold a vote as to which of the classes we will be playing. In a shocking twist we are actually going to make and try to hold to a real schedule for it, which should help immensely. So expect that hopefully some time next week.

Also also, I haven't told Kaz yet, but since I'm pretty sure Moon Hunters will be pretty short I think we'll be able to host a second LP of something I'm not 100% sure of yet simultaneously, so let us see how close I can fly to the proverbial sun together shall we?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Aquasnake posted:

If you don't mind me asking, what did you do to deserve your Red Text avatar?

I have no idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.
I'm still impressed you two managed it at all. :golfclap:

• Locked thread