Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Aliens excluded, obviously

discuss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More
loving sweet game. The parts where you're skittering around, darting behind corners, hiding from the alien, are all terrifying. You hear the screech and it comes to the screen and blasts its inner mouth into your face. Clever idea to have Ripley's daughter be the protagonist. I'm almost at the end, but I'm all out of flamethrower fuel and these loving aliens are impossible to outrun or hide from.

I saw Promethius in theatres and don't remember a thing about it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Alien and Aliens are the only good Alien movies and Isolation does an excellent job capturing the atmosphere of Alien.

Alien3 was bullshit (dogshit in the workprint cut) and Alien Resurrection is completely terrible. Joss Whedon should have been barred from ever writing again after that turd.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Agreed OP

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Very true. I rank it higher than Aliens. Yeah, I get Aliens wasn't trying to be a horror/thriller but drat if it ain't broke don't fix it. Alien and Alien Isolation are the two best Alien-related things out there, in that order. Aliens is still great but I almost treat it like a separate franchise.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Alien 3 was really bad, and it made no sense when I found out David Fincher directed it. Alien Resurrection was pure garbage, and it made perfect sense when I found out Joss Whedon directed it.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i get nervous playing scary games for some reason so i quit on the first level :shobon:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It's a pretty good game

psyman
Nov 1, 2008
I think Alien: Resurrection is unfairly maligned around here. Bringing back Ripley was dumb when there were much more original directions to take in the franchise, but I found the first half before the xenomorphs escaped really engaging, especially the scenes with Brad Dourif who is always great.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

psyman posted:

I think Alien: Resurrection is unfairly maligned around here. Bringing back Ripley was dumb when there were much more original directions to take in the franchise, but I found the first half before the xenomorphs escaped really engaging, especially the scenes with Brad Dourif who is always great.
its better than noted turd alien 3

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Alien 4 is the worst film to feature aliens, in general

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Alien 3 was really bad, and it made no sense when I found out David Fincher directed it. Alien Resurrection was pure garbage, and it made perfect sense when I found out Joss Whedon directed it.

jean pierre jeunet directed resurrection. whedon wrote it but it's trash so you'd expect his stamp all over the place

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I dunno, I wasn't crazy about it. It feels like it was too devoted to canon to stand out as it's own thing.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Isolation was a 30 minute game stretched over five hours.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Improbable Lobster posted:

Alien3 was bullshit (dogshit in the workprint cut) and Alien Resurrection is completely terrible. Joss Whedon should have been barred from ever writing again after that turd.

I don't really mind the redone version of A3 but I think Fincher was kinda overmatched with the story and the studios loving him so hard.

Kinda wish he could get a shot to redo it now. imagine an entire film of beautifully framed, angular shots and xenomorphs staring coldly at one another.

edit* holy poo poo he was only 28 when he directed that

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Ressurection's cast of characters were straight out of someone's Traveller RPG game or some other schlocky space rpg. It sucked.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

FizFashizzle posted:

I don't really mind the redone version of A3 but I think Fincher was kinda overmatched with the story and the studios loving him so hard.

Kinda wish he could get a shot to redo it now. imagine an entire film of beautifully framed, angular shots and xenomorphs staring coldly at one another.

edit* holy poo poo he was only 28 when he directed that

I'm sure he could have done a good job given the chance but that's not what we got :(

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I kinda liked the second AvP movie.

It's me, I'm the person who marks out for well known monster franchises battling each other. :smith:

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I actually really enjoy Alien 3. I hated it as a kid because killing Newt and Hicks off screen at the beginning of the movie is a bitter pill to swallow. Rewatching it as an adult was a good move. It's a fun Alien movie.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

gently caress Alien 3.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

starkebn posted:

Ressurection's cast of characters were straight out of someone's Traveller RPG game or some other schlocky space rpg. It sucked.

Nah, even RPGs make you describe your character more. Alien 4 just had a bag of mummified dog dicks and Ripley.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

sean10mm posted:

Nah, even RPGs make you describe your character more. Alien 4 just had a bag of mummified dog dicks and Ripley.

Hey, one of them was a totally wasted Ron Perlman y'know!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

game wasn't very good. don't get the love. agree with thread title tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Groovelord Neato posted:

game wasn't very good. don't get the love. agree with thread title tho.

honestly I didn't think it was a terrific game, but it was an excellent sequel

also it was really cool how they reunited the movie cast for the DLC

• Locked thread