Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
http://www.playdnl.com/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/529180/
http://www.mmorpg.com/dark-and-light

This is a generic fantasy sandbox MMO that completely poo poo the bed when it released in 2006. It had some unique features at the time that aren't really unique anymore (zoneless/instanceless world, placing fort/house objects wherever you wanted, flight and snowboard mechanics). It got sued for counterfeit software and had their servers taken down.

I just happened to google for some old MMOs and was surprised to see it's being started up again. The graphics look decent. It's a sandbox again, but with npc factions. 12 races, 14 classes, but you can also mix and match skills from other classes. Not a lot of details otherwise.

Early access soon, but it's already been pushed back from its original date of Q4 2016 to Q1 2017. Sounds like it might be a one-time cost, no monthly fee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
they mention community hosted servers in an interview linked on the steam discussion page. so this is going to be more akin to an ARK or rust than an mmo if that's true

Orv
May 4, 2011
Yeah from my understanding they're stripping out most of the MMO parts aside from the RPG mechanics and making it a survive-em-up. Which, eh.

Also Snail Games.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Orv posted:

Also Snail Games.

There goes any hope for this thing.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
drat, this was going to be my gauge for whether they'll gently caress up Age of Wushu 2's business model (they said they're going to do buy2play with purchasable expansions like ESO). Can't really ruin a buy2play survival game.

I'll probably pick this up but I definitely prefer Conan Exiles.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Can't really ruin a buy2play survival game.

You sweet summer child. You underestimate the fuckery of Snail Games.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Being overly optimistic about terrible MMOs is Alex's posting gimmick.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

This game had "cool" graphics in the 4 years up to its release, by which time I'd totally forgotten about it. I downloaded it when it was Free to Play and immediately uninstalled it when it was a hideous glitchy mess.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Can't really ruin a buy2play survival game.

I just don't understand how you can look at steam early access and then still think this

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Byolante posted:

I just don't understand how you can look at steam early access and then still think this

Surely it is obvious you can't ruin a pile of poo poo

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

super sweet best pal posted:

Being overly optimistic about terrible MMOs is Alex's posting gimmick.

Yeah, and threadshitting every MMO is mine. I am the yang to his ying.

Logic
Jan 8, 2009
I am pretty excited for this game, seems like they are going for a Fantasy ARK game. I was hoping it would release before Conan Exiles but it's not looking good.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

SweetBro posted:

You sweet summer child. You underestimate the fuckery of Snail Games.
Any juicy stories or just basic incompetence and greed?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Pierson posted:

Any juicy stories or just basic incompetence and greed?

I could tell you, but the anecdote costs forty-five thousand dollars.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
This looks better than expected tbh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGZcJv4C3zg

It looks like a technically competent ARK/fantasy survival game mixed in with a bit more PVE and it looks like there's a city with NPCs so that's kinda neat.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jan 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

This looks better than expected tbh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGZcJv4C3zg

It looks like a technically competent ARK/fantasy survival game mixed in with a bit more PVE and it looks like there's a city with NPCs so that's kinda neat.

The sound effects are exactly the same from ARK for equipping stuff, opening storage, etc. The UI looks very similar as well.

Not going to lie, though..a spellcasting fantasy world ARK sounds super loving cool. I'm definitely getting this :)

• Locked thread