Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
In the DLC vid I hought "I BLOW CRYSTALS! :downs:" then immediately tripping over his own feet was hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

BioEnchanted posted:

In the DLC vid I hought "I BLOW CRYSTALS! :downs:" then immediately tripping over his own feet was hilarious.

If I remember that moment correctly, I was a bit too busy dying to laugh.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

It's time to bring our adventure to an end. We've come a long way in search of Princess Toci, and now we've found her. Of course, there's going to be a final boss, but we've fought plenty of bosses already, and they pose little challenge anymore. Granted, the Majin's been acting funny since we got to the castle, but I'm sure that won't cause any problems.

Part 24: Princess Toci Polsy Youtube

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
BEHOLD! The true form of 'The Darkness'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRYNYb30nxU

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

If I were still putting copyrighted music over end credits, I'd do that for the finale. But I've already got something picked out.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!
I like that if Toci hadn't been sealed in a crystal, she probably would have made a more competent main character than Tepeu.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I think I'm missing something. Didn't the kingdom get the darkness from the Majin? How is the king summoning it?

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

The Darkness didn't come from the Majin; it came from the machines that humans built to harness the Majin's power. They buried it before discovering that the Majin could purify it into crystal (and it's not clear that he could have purified it all if they'd kept running the machines anyway), and the Darkness took on new life from there, eventually taking over the King when he tried to absorb the power from the crystals. At least, that's the impression I got from reviewing the cutscene in part 20. At the end, we see that the Darkness is even powerful enough to corrupt the Majin when he absorbs too much of it, so it wasn't an infinitely sustainable solution to begin with.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

For the finale, I grind to the maximum level for both Tepeu and the partnership, just to see what that looks like. And to get one of the few trophies I was still missing. But the real climax of this video is the culmination of a second playthrough where I skipped some of the upgrades, just to see what happens if the Majin isn't quite strong enough to save the day. The fight with the Majin was considerably more difficult when I had less stamina, and I almost died, but I got through. I almost like this ending more. Pay attention to the pictures that appear during the credits, as well - some of them just show up at different times, but quite a few are completely different.

Finale: The Majin is Not Strong Enough Polsy Youtube

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
You know, through all this, I'm still surprised that the Majin only gets three bars for his special powers. I would have expected him to get a fourth or even a fifth at some point. But nope, it's three all the way through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I love the design of The Darkness, because of a few reasons -

1) Scale: You have no idea just how big this creature is. All you see of her is her pulling more and more segments out with her head coming further and further into the room - but it's just a milipede in structure, each segment having more arms attached to the main body, it's just a big serpent made of nipples (seriously that undercarriage, that's why I consider the darkness Female, that and the rounded features of the face and the whole creating a species of dark creatures, the vagina cocoon too, she feels very "twisted maternal" to me, in a Lovecraft sort of way) and arms, her only purpose to pull herself into the world and secrete darkness with every step. No tail, no hips or ending of any kind, just pure torso.

2) She isn't herself made of darkness - her skin is actually bone white, the darkness is just something she sweats. It's much more interesting than a generic Darkness Blob that some stories go for.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Oct 7, 2017

• Locked thread