Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
watched it for the first time on my dad's 80" tv, so i couldn't really tell if it was just something the TV was doing with the color settings (we watched other movies and it never seemed to be an issue), but in some shots the skintone on matthew maconoughay was a natural farmer's tan and in others it was a trump orange, like super blown out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Not that I noticed.
But in some close-ups it's like they used the wrong lens or something and it's fuzzy.

edit: Like this scene. But maybe you need to see it on the blu ray to tell.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYHdQUyOunA

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
some scenes were shot in imax format so that might have something to do with it?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

at the beginning of the movie they have blue skin and then later they all have different skintones, i can't believe someone hosed up that bad

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
How are you guys watching it?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I watched it via cable company on-demand.

I spoke to someone else irl about this and he agreed

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Alaois posted:

at the beginning of the movie they have blue skin and then later they all have different skintones, i can't believe someone hosed up that bad

you missed the scene where they wash all the paint off i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Chill Penguin posted:

I watched it via cable company on-demand.

I spoke to someone else irl about this and he agreed

Hmm. I've only seen it on film and on bluray. So somebody hosed up making the TV version. Or maybe I just have bad eyes. I dunno

• Locked thread