Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tonetta

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
what kind of hat is it? what color? how/where did you get it? bonus points for pictures of your hat. It's dark outside or I would show you my favorite hat, but it's a white beanie with a poof ball on top & I got it from my ex girl for.com christmas. if you are anti hat, that is ok too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

my hair is nature's hat

Actuarial Fables

My hat is a hat/scarf thing (I think it's called a "scat", but I don't like calling it that). The scarf part looks like a fox tail, the hat part has little ears.

I'll post a pic once I get home from work, but it's orange

e.

Actuarial Fables fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jan 5, 2017

social vegan

i have an everything is terrible hat from their legends tour which is big and nice for my big and nice head

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
This one used to be brown:

I go through a new one every year or 2, my current one is (was) black and hasn't frayed in the front yet. I spend a lot of time in the sun and on the water so a good hat is essential. They become sun bleached over time and keep the top of my head from melting. Even still I spend a lot of time with it off and just a pair of sunglasses keeping my hair back and my normally strawberry blonde hair gets sunbleached too.
I do not believe in sunscreen so a good hat and a t-shirt is a must.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

My favorite hat is a top hat I wore during the Venetian carnivale in 1995. I wandered the streets wearing that hat and a papier mache mask along with fellow otherworldly revelers. I've made a very fond memory out of the experience.

Regarding the hat, I left it on a night train to Belgium. I'm sure it's long since thrown away but I like to imagine it's still with someone.

social vegan

Bo-Pepper posted:

My favorite hat is a top hat I wore during the Venetian carnivale in 1995. I wandered the streets wearing that hat and a papier mache mask along with fellow otherworldly revelers. I've made a very fond memory out of the experience.

Regarding the hat, I left it on a night train to Belgium. I'm sure it's long since thrown away but I like to imagine it's still with someone.

this post about the top of ur heart warms the bottom of my heart

Plebian Parasite

I lost at a theme park tho.

Rock Paper Tongue

May cause birth defects

Had this bad boy since I was a freshman back in highschool:

Picked it up back in 2006 and it's been dutifully hiding my sad, terrible hair ever since.

alnilam

I don't usually hat (except winter hats) but when I travel i always hat. It's essential to have for covering the eyes for sleeping in parks, buses, trains, etc. which i do a lot when i travel. My traveling hat for years has been a great plain brown cap I'll post a pic later if i remember. I have a lot of good memories with this hat, namely basically every trip I've taken in the last 6 years or so

Beet Wagon

My favorite hat is an old Tractor Supply hat I got for like a dollar ten years ago. It's completely destroyed and I don't wear it any more but it's still a good hat.

My second favorite hat came from a kickstarter and has a shark on it and makes me look like a dil when I wear it and I love it.

bean mom

Luvcow posted:

This one used to be brown:

I go through a new one every year or 2, my current one is (was) black and hasn't frayed in the front yet. I spend a lot of time in the sun and on the water so a good hat is essential. They become sun bleached over time and keep the top of my head from melting. Even still I spend a lot of time with it off and just a pair of sunglasses keeping my hair back and my normally strawberry blonde hair gets sunbleached too.

did you steal my hat?

that looks exactly like it

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

buncha gat-dang red sox fans :argh: pollutin' up the perfectly good hat thread :argh:

my favorite hat is my beeswax hat. i knit it myself. i am not going to take a picture of the exact hat because it's on my head in the house because it's cold af in here right now, so here is the pattern picture.

the main difference is the yarn is my handspun, yak/silk/shetland blended together and it's dyed honey gold with brown and shiny flecks where the shetland and the silk took up differently than the yak for a tweedy effect. it is extremely very good and warm and nice and i love it. i have the matching cowl and mitts too but it's not cold enough for the cowl yet.

alnilam

ladybeard mcflurry posted:

buncha gat-dang red sox fans :argh: pollutin' up the perfectly good hat thread :argh:

my favorite hat is my beeswax hat. i knit it myself. i am not going to take a picture of the exact hat because it's on my head in the house because it's cold af in here right now, so here is the pattern picture.

the main difference is the yarn is my handspun, yak/silk/shetland blended together and it's dyed honey gold with brown and shiny flecks where the shetland and the silk took up differently than the yak for a tweedy effect. it is extremely very good and warm and nice and i love it. i have the matching cowl and mitts too but it's not cold enough for the cowl yet.

That's where all the bees went, they're following the hat

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

it's because it's cold af and they just want to hide in the damned warm honey hat.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Zyla posted:

did you steal my hat?

that looks exactly like it

I have frayed sun bleached Red Sox hats of many colors going back years

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

I . . . I believe in sunscreen

Rock Paper Tongue

May cause birth defects

That's a real nice hat and it's making me seriously consider learning how to knit so I can one day wear a beehive of my own

treasure bear

from byob friends wd-40 and classicist

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
This is my favorite hat at home parked:

This is me wearing my favorite hat saluting the American flag during a Sunday memorial service at Omaha Beach this past October in Normandy, France:

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Rushi

by Smythe
I haven't owned a hat for years (outside of a couple work uniforms where I'd work outside). I wore hats until the end of highschool a lot while being a huge nerd so near the end I just combined the two:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

----------------

Piso Mojado

treasure bear posted:

The one month I stopped reading byob...Still shaking mad about it

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

I was thinking that I don't even own a single hat, but then I remembered that I have one that I use for head tracking in flight sims because I'm a loving incredible nerd.

It's like this, but it says "VIRGINITY SECURITY" on the front.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jan 6, 2017

MrWillsauce

sunscreen is bullshit. i dont even own a hat

social vegan

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

lol

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

I was thinking that I don't even own a single hat, but then I remembered that I have one that I use for head tracking in flight sims because I'm a loving incredible nerd.

:poolgirl:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Dangerous Minority posted:

That's a real nice hat and it's making me seriously consider learning how to knit so I can one day wear a beehive of my own

you should do it. knitting is hella easy and it's a good life skill if you like to be warm and are concerned about things not fitting you/fidgeting a lot/needing to do something in public where you can look like you're concentrating so people won't talk to you. it's also nice for making hats for your family at holidays so they're terribly impressed with you and you actually gave a poo poo about making it.

it also helps with my depression and anxiety a loving lot, so i can actually people better. having a sense of accomplishment is a big deal but having a cool hat is way bigger.

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
manifisto gave me a fukken awesome hat its the coolest hat ever

its like a marchin band hat and its got an almost triforce thing goin on on the front and i can play guitar 20% better every time i wear it :goonsay:

i will try to find some pix ii think therese some in the secret santa thred

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

manifisto gave me a fukken awesome hat its the coolest hat ever

its like a marchin band hat and its got an almost triforce thing goin on on the front and i can play guitar 20% better every time i wear it :goonsay:

i will try to find some pix ii think therese some in the secret santa thred

can confirm, this is an excellent hat and it really made the secret santa 150% awesome

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Piso Mojado posted:

The one month I stopped reading byob...Still shaking mad about it

pogi

My favorite hat is a Tennessee vols camo hat

VOLS BITCH

JuulPodSaveAmerica
My favorite hat is the aura of +999 Hat Tricks that always rotates slowly over my head, and can cover my face or back for protection. It's rad.

----------------
i honestly believe you are tripping right now.

sick brunch kills

Brunch DJ goin' hard as fuck

This avatar brought to you by the Lowtax Needs a New Spine Fund
my favroite hat is the hats they did for the Atlanta olympics with "Izzy" the Olympic... thing.. on them. I don't actually own one though, just appreciate them a lot.

Tonetta

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

treasure bear posted:

I would def put out for someone wearing that hat

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
Here's my favorite hat for right now

I bought it from a goon in da Ukraine. It's part of a Soviet military uniform, but I like it 'cause the dust guard protects my precious face meats from the winter chill in my unheated office.

• Locked thread